Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UD reversal of FG with serial number

former_member600146
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I have done GR for FG through MFBF (REM). And stock is cleared from UD also. My FG materials are serial number managed.

How do I reverse the stock? SAP note - 175842 is already implemented in system. Which only allow reversal of 01 inspection types.

Is it possible to include 04 type also?

If not please provide a way around.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Martin_H
Contributor
0 Kudos

Read the note...it clearly says that reversals with serial number managed materials are not supported.

There are also numerous threads on this topic available, please search for them.

Regards

MH

former_member600146
Participant
0 Kudos

Yes I know. But I have used this program before for a different client, who was using production order.

In there I was able to reverse using MB31 from unrestricted and it was standard only.

I am asking is there any way around in REM also?

Martin_H
Contributor
0 Kudos

Is there a (business) need that you need to do a lot reversal? Or can't you just add a manual inspection lot where you document the additional information? And then do a standard material movement to wherever you need the stock?

Regards

MH

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I don't know what you did at your previous client where you say you used MB31, (I'm assuming with a 102 movement type?) to reverse a GR on an order.

That is not standard and if the stock actually went through QI stock that should not have been possible. It might have been that originally you didn't post to QI but went directly to unrestricted stock.  Because normally to reverse the MB31 you need the stock in QI and you can't post from UR to QI when QM is active.

As Martin said, SAP clearly indicates that the program does not support serial number management.  If you used the program for 04 lots, and SAP said its only for 01 lots, chances are they are right.  Something is probably not properly reset to the original state when used for other inspection lots.  SAP also clearly says they don't support the note and clients are 100% responsible for testing it maintaining it.

There is no work around that I am aware of for serial managed materials.  You should write the stock off of the system.  Then create a new order and process it properly.  yes.. this will cause a variance in your monthly reporting for production which will need to be documented and explained I'm sure.

Honesly, IMHO, if the material got posted out of QI and it was using the wrong process or production order or something like that, you need to do more training or put in additional checks in the process whether they are manual or programatic checks.  The whole point of QM is to make sure things are correct before posting out to UR.

Craig

former_member600146
Participant
0 Kudos

I am able to reverse the stock in MFBF (document neutral reversal) but how to cancel the inspection lot? Any way I can put it to LTCA?

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I had raised the same question back in year 2009!! It seems the solution proposed in the thread worked for me that time. I am scratching my head to recollect the same info again.  Till the time check the thread below. Are you doing in the same way?

Anand

former_member600146
Participant
0 Kudos

I am currently following the below.

1. Reverse through MFBF doc neutral reversal.

2. Goto QA12 and cancel the inspection lot manually.

The only problem here is, doc neutral reverse the current BOM. If the BOM is changed in between, then it will try to reverse materials which were not issued in the first place.

Which will create COGI/MF47 entries.

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ok! I don't have REM scenario customized currently in my system to test this but if I refer to my own reply in the thread I mentioned, I believe that this methodology is not a document specific reversal. It does not have any reference to the original material document through which GR was posted. It thus only offers you to do correction at a cumulative level to neutralize the effect. Hence you would not find the inspection lot getting cancelled automatically. As the stocks were posted correctly through the inspection lot it will possibly will not allow to cancel the lot even. It will remain as it is.

If your purpose is getting resolved by neutralizing the effect (if you have reversed the related movements) then there is no need to mark lot as cancelled. It will not have any significance also even if you do. May be you can raise the query to SAP for the solution for reversing serialized documents. I doubt you might have to develop your own custom program at your own risk to reverse it if you really want the document specific reversal. But if as far as you are ok in reversing the effect then there is no need for this.

Let us wait for the experts to add more on this. Possibly in PP forum we can some clues. Let me try search there as well.

Anand