cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Select SU from different bin then suggested in Bulk storage

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,   I need quick help on bulk storage, I have a requirement where a client can pick any SU from warehouse unless the material number is right. Hence, I did activate & configured bulk storage strategies. Now the issue here is my client want inflexibility to pick SU from any bin then the one recommended by a system. In simple language clients wants to pick any SU from the warehouse unless the material number is correct & system to just validate the material number & not the source bin. The question here is, is there a possibility to overwrite the source bin during picking just like we can overwrite the destination bin during putaway? or can I just pick SU from a different bin?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

That is not possible with standard SAP. The source information is defined in the transfer order so it will guide the user in the picking process. If you want to have the user guide the system instead you need to have the user maintain the source bin during TO creation. Why would a user create a T.O. to pick from BIN A if he actually wants to pick from BIN B?

If the requirement is to pick from wherever the user feels like picking perhaps WM is not good for your client, perhaps IM level implementation is best.