cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to convert an Work order to Pdf and save on system?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Could anyone please let me know how to export work orders to PDF format and save.

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (10)

Answers (10)

Former Member

Concur with Pete. I too read it as printing work order shop paper to PDF, not collectively.

Sorry if I misread it. To print as a package best looking at Seal Systems printing solution or Prometheus Print Manager.

IW38 will allow printing to PDF following steps in my previous post but the user will have to give each file a name when saving it.

Cheers,

Khayyam

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Khayyam,

1. The plural word 'Orders' in the Original post

2. The mention of 'multiple Orders' in the first response received

3. The responses from the author to my posts which assumed as the requirement is for 'set of Orders'

4. Author's thanking these replies

are the reasons for me to believe the requirement is such.

However, by this extended discussion the author must have been benefited by knowing the different choices for Order pdf requirement.

Cheers

KJogeswaraRao

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am sorry, if I confuse you with my post. My requirement is to save work orders on desktop in pdf format collectively. so that I can see all pdf format work orders in a single folder on desktop.

Thanks

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

To me it appears few responses here did not focus on the key requirement of printing of set of Orders together into pdf format.

peter_atkin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Personally speaking, I didn't read the post as a requirement for "printing of set of Orders together".

King Kong: can you please clarify..

PeteA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am sorry, if I confuse you with my post. My requirement is to save work orders on desktop in pdf format collectively. so that I can see all pdf format work orders in a single folder on desktop.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

hey there,

If you are trying to print the maintenance order shop paper/s to PDF format then try this.

• download something like CutePDF or similar to your local machine and install it
  • make CutePDF your default printer
  • in SAP go to your maintenance order and print the shop paper but change the output device (printer) to your local printer i.e. LP01
  • click on print
  • within a few seconds you will get a popup where you will need to specify file name and choose the path where you want to save the file.
  • save the file

Following above steps will result in the shop paper being printed to the PDF printer which actually creates a PDF file.

Alternatively, speak with Basis team and have them create a printer in SAP which will print to PDF. Not sure if they'll have to install drivers, etc or it is done using the the OSS Note 208271 Pete has mentioned in his post. Once setup, you just print to this new printer instead of the local printer which will create the PDF file. If the SAP PDF printer is setup correctly, there is also the option to print to PDF which is sent to the user printing it via email rather than choosing to save it locally - I've attached a screenshot for your reference.

Cheers,

Khayyam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Khayyam,

I have promethius print manager, could you please let me know how save Work orders to PDF with Promethius print manager? Thanks for your help.

peter_atkin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

King Kong,

Some questions:

• Are you trying to save one work order at a time to your desktop via IW32, or are you trying to mass-save work orders via IW38
  • Do you want one PDF document with multiple work orders, or one PDF per work order
  • Once you get SAP or Prometheus to produce a PDF file, then you can usually save it manually to the desktop
  • Are you wanting the system to automatically save it to the desktop before the PDF opens??

PeteA

pm_onesteel
Explorer
0 Kudos

if you have prometheus print manager

just do a print preview (one or multiple orders)

the print preview is pdf

then save as.

you should contact them, this is all standard for their product.

former_member201357
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

You can also check with programe RSTXPDF.

peter_atkin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

King Kong,

OSS Note 208271 allows printing of shop papers in PDF format.

http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/208271

Or you could develop your own shop paper to convert all text to PDF format, then show the resulting PDF document. Talk to your ABAP Team who should be able to help.

PeteA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Pete, We are trying different scenarios including yours note.. Thanks for your help.

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello King Kong,

You are expected to close the thread, if you're done.

KJogeswaraRao

Former Member
0 Kudos

sure, will close very soon..

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello King Kong,

For a set of work orders to be exported to desktop or elsewhere in pdf formats, it is clearly a development job. When it is a development, I suggest to have your own format with only fields required to you and design a smartform. And the main program through a loop would convert these SFs into pdfs (one each per order) and export to a predefined folder.

KJogeswaraRao

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Rao, Do i need to ask developer to create a smart form which allows us to save work orders in pdf files, i worked very little on smart forms and shop papers..Please let me know. Thanks

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It is like this: (ABAPer knows all this)

There are 2 steps involved in this development.

Step1:

He develops a smartform with rows and columns designed by you to hold the various fields of the Order. This smartform program will use a function module which converts the SF to pdf form. The input to the program is Order number and the output is pdf file.

Step2:

Then he develops a program where the input is a set of Order numbers. This program calls the above program for a set of orders, executes in a loop for all Orders and exports to a folder specified by you.

This is just to make you understand the schema. He can have his own sequence of achieving the same.

KJogeswaraRao

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much Mr Rao.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Terence, I am seeing display Pdf Format, But i am not able to save, Do we need to write code for shop papers which pops pdf format?

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi King,

If you can see the display format, in your right bottom if you scroll the mouse, you should be able to save it as PDF.

May be it's a missing code. But i feel, if you are able to display the work order in PDF, then you should have option to save or print from the screen itself.

Regards

Terence

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Terence

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi King,

With our developer help, we have given the Print display in PDF format, so user can save the work order as PDF or print it.

I doubt whether saving multiple order to system as PDF is possible, but you need to check with your abaper.

Regards

Terence