cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error 06849 "Customer & does not exist (please change entry in plant &)" in tcodes ME59/ME59N despite customer maintained

andreagiugio
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am stuck in the creation of a PO from a PR in order to make a stock transfer between two plants.

I have created a PR with document type NB: in our system there is not any particular checks during creation.

Then I have approved the PR releasing strategies steps.

After that I have used tcodes ME59 or ME59N in order to automatically create PO from PR.

So I have put in input the PR and executed: as result PO is not created due to error message

06849 that is "Customer & does not exist (please change entry in plant &)"

However I have check that customer exists for the company code of the plant specified in the PR.

Could anybody help me?

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Read the OSS note 169586 - Sales area determination in stock transfer order  ,it explains the causes and resolution for this error message.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Much more important than the company code data of a customer master is the sales area data when you create a STO. The company code is needed when you create an invoice after you have done the delivery, but to do the delivery you need a customer master with sales area data. Corresponding to the sales are which was used in your TO customizing.