cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Afaria PIN-based authentication

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We are implementing SAP Mobility with Afaria but would like to know if we can implement Pin Based Authentication for end user from security perspective

Example:

1. User logs in with user id and password to authenticate

2. Afaria must automatically generate Pin and send to the user device

3. User can use that Pin to login

Please advise!

thanks in advance

Regards,

Kashetty

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member198720
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Kashetty,

Let me get this clear. Are you talking about PIN based authentication for Afaria SSP and/or Afaria Managed authentication during enrollment of devices? If this is what you want, below points would be useful to you on a high level.

1) For Afaria SSP authentication, LDAP Username and pswd is required for authentication. In case you do not want to use Afaria SSP & its authentication, then you can directly download the Afaria application and skip this step. (optional)

2) Then there is something called as an Enrollment code which is is more-or-less like a PIN which you generate from the Afaria admin and feed it to the Afaria client to identify which Afaria server it belongs and authorized to. Enrollment code is basically the shortend long url path of your server (mandatory)

3) Managed authentication for security is optional which you can enable or disable  from the admin.

BR -

Sajan Mathew

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sajan and Aziz,

Thank you very much for your advise! It is really helpful.

I have another questions for the experts

We have two options- SAP Afaria and Citrix Xen Mobile. Could you please suggest which one has more advantage in terms of security ? I am new to SAP mobile solutions so pardon me.

Thank you in advance,

Regards,

Kashetty

former_member198720
Participant
0 Kudos

This is SAP community. You can do this research in Google. May be someone can help you here but i am not much sure about Xenprise mobile. You may check this year's Gartner's magic quadrant report on MDM for a quick comparison.

BR -

Sajan M

former_member105680
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Kashetty,

I just like to point out that Afaria also has passcode configuration policy.  This policy allows you to set passcode settings on the device. Once enabled and based on options selected, user will have create a passcode and use it to unlock device. I am not clear if that's what you are asking but wanted to add the previous post to ensure you are aware of that option

Regards,

Aziz