cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Personas 3.0: Missing P on the ECC System can see it for the Personas System - What are we missing?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm sure this is an easy question to answer given those already running SAP Screen Personas 3.0.

We are in the process of upgrading our system to version 3.0.  We can see the P at the top of our Web GUI link for the Personas system.  However, when I access our ECC system with the Web GUI link, I don't see the P at the top.

For the ECC system, what is required to allow Screen Personas to work?  With 2.0, I know we had a number of items to complete on the ECC side for Screen Personas to work.

I can't find anything explicitly stating this, so asking to confirm.  Or if there is something explicitly stating this, then we're probably not understanding the terminology like we should.

Thanks in advance for your help,

Robin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think I understand your problem, but I may be misinterpreting so please correct me if I'm wrong. You've installed Personas 3 in one system, your "Personas system", and you're now accessing a different system, your "ECC system" and not seeing Personas. Is that right?

This arrangement of a single Personas installation supporting multiple backend systems was supported in Personas 2 but is not supported in Personas 3. Personas 3 must be directly installed in every system in which you wish to use it. In your case, you need to install it in your ECC system. Once installed, in exactly the same way you have installed it in your Personas system, it should just work - there is no configuration needed beyond activating a few SICF services as detailed in the installation guide.

Steve.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Steve!!! You interpreted my question correctly.  I am positive that is the point we were missing. If not, I'll respond back.

Cheers, Robin

Answers (0)