cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to store FTE hours in a SAP field

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could someone please tell me how we can store/ maintain FTE hours in any of the PA screens in SAP. I know that the info type 1011 of PD helps store FTE hours against a position. But is there a field in any info type in PA which helps to store FTE hours linked to the employee directly? My client would ideally want to display and maintain FTE hours in Personnel Administration rather than via Organization Management.

Many thanks.

Desma

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member193210
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Back in 2000, during our initial configuration, SAP's consultants had used field P0007-MINTA for that purpose,

but we did not find that it works great since it will prorate the working hours of every single day while some employees work a different number of hours depending on the day of the week.

We have since created "special" Work Schedule Rules for part-time employees on variable days schedules (such as OFF, 8.0H, 4.0H, 4.0H, 8.0H, OFF, OFF) where the FTE is written in field M2STD of table T508A.

Whenever we need to identify the FTE of a salaried employee, we always used field P0008-BSGRD

Recently, we repurposed IT0050 for casual employees (positive time entry) in order to be able identify those who were on a Term Contract (number of days on field P0050-GLMAX) with a set FTE (on field P0050-GLMIN).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Remi,

Thank you very much for your help with this. I think we will go with Capacity utilization under IT 0008. Do you think there is any downside of this? Could you elaborate why we might need to use IT 0050? I reckon it will be used for Contractors who do not have a basic pay record?

Many thanks again,

Desma

former_member193210
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Our Casual Employees (Positive Time Entry) are set-up on IT0007 and IT0008 as 100%, but for some Contractual Employees, we needed somewhere to store the lenght of their contract (number of working days) and their FTE.  We used IT0050 since it suited our needs better than IT0016.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Remi. Appreciate your help with this!

Answers (0)