cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP ECC to MII (Changing IDOC Language Format)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi folks,

I would like to know what would be the efficient way or what configurations need to be done to get the IDOC fields in English at the receiver end(SAP MII) as every IDOC fields are getting generated in german.

Kindly appreciate your help in advance

-Praveen

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member185280
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check what language is configured in the Resource Adapter properties for the specific idoc listener in the Netweaver Administrator.

Netweaver Administrator-->Configuration-->Infrastructure-->Application Resources

Regards,
Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Libich,

Have attached the Listener configuration screenshot for that particular Resource Adapter configured. Have declared it as "EN". Should i make any more changes to receive the IDOc fields in English.

-Praveen

former_member185280
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you are still getting idocs in the wrong language then do as Steve suggested and consult with your basis team. I would first check User Profile of the user. Also on rare occasions I have seen that some data is only available in certain languages or that translations have just been copied. Typically in dev/sandbox environments.

Regards,
Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your rquick response Libich, I am just planning to change all the field names to the user defined names using SAP MII when the IDOCS come in from SAP ECC through that listener configuration.

Suggest me if this can be done in an efficient way using SAP MII Business logic Transactions.

-Praveen

former_member185280
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There are a lot of ways you can probably accomplish this but typically when manipulating xml using an xsl transform gets the best performance.

XSL Transformation

Regards,
Christian

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

Are you referring to the field names are German or the field contents?

Regards, Mike

SAP Technology RIG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Libich,

Yes i thought of the same XSL Transformation as it provides the best performance. Thanks for your inputs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

When i receive the IDOC in SAP MII system, i get the IDOC in german format means For OrderNumber am getting the equivalent term as AUFNR. So, I wanted to know how to change the field names  (for example: While receiving the idocs in MII i would want the field names as OrderNumber instead of AUFNR. But the configurations are done accordingly. I think the DB itself has the same field names and so it will not generate in english. Also i used the SE11 T-code and viewed the AUFK table where the attributes are in different language. I tried to change it to english but i think Access has been restricted.

Please let me me know if you have any such suggestions to change the language else better to go ahead as per Libich's suggestion.

-Praveen

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

Christian is correct about XSLT being the fastest method in a transaction.  You could alternatively build an MII Document and map the columns, but it will not execute as fast.  You are also correct that the DB has the same field names.

On the other hand, I would recommend getting used to the field names as defined in the incoming IDoc.  I find little value in making the transformation when the data presentation does not generally show the field names and you could do the labels using MII language tools. 

Is there another reason to you wish for this change this besides unfamiliarity with the field notations?

Regards, Mike

SAP Technology RIG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

Actually speaking yes.

1. There is a specific reason to go for this alternate approach as i would want to connect to 

Apriso Flexnet MES (ie) When i push the idoc Automatically or Manually.

2.  it must send the LOIPRO idocs to SAP MII listener where i will receive everything in xml

format and through the Business logic Transactions need to Push the same to Flexnet MES

system with the Production orders generated which will get populated in Flexnet DB as wip

orders.

3.  So that i will have orders to perform the Pay outs at different work centers. Because there are

no such orders we have in our flexnet system.

4.  To Push the Orders from SAP ERP to Flexnet MES i would require this field names in English

as the Flexnet Business Integrator accepts the orders which is by default transformed in the

format of Order Number/Order Type.

5.  So i cannot transform that XML using my XSL to bring out the result in desired format unless i

perform the XSL Transformation in SAP MII.

I do not find any other option to proceed further.

-Praveen