cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Result Analysis without using Progress Analysis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We have a scenario where the CNE1 transaction for project progress analysis is taking lot of time( the background job)

I am new to this client. I have seen in past some companies don't use Progress analysis.

My question is, is progress analysis an mandatory prerequisite for Result Analysis? or both can be separate..ie we can still have all methods of result analysis (needing POC) without having to execute progress analysis (CJE1)?

if so, do you have any suggestions on this and how RA would calculate the POC for its calculation without using Progress Analysis.?

Thanks & Regards,

Krishna

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Paulo_Vitoriano
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

RA and Progress Analysis are two different things that are independent from one another.

RA can use the data from Progress Analysis, so that is the only integration point that is available between them, but not a mandatory one.

Regards,

Paulo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paulo,

Thanks.

So I believe the RA method which uses POC from progress analysis can be replaced by using POC via other means of actual vs plan?

Which RA method would be the alternative one to use without using POC from progress analysis?

Regards,

Krishna

Paulo_Vitoriano
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

As an SAP consultant you cannot choose the RA method.  It is very much an accounting concept.

It has to be declared in the company's accounting policy, agreed with auditors, and being compatible with local accounting principles.

Sometime it can be one method for local books and another method for global books whatever they are (like IFRS or US GAAP).

So, choosing the right method is not your headache.  That is also why there are so many methods over there in SAP with so many parameters available.

Regards,

Paulo

kenmelching
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Perfect answer Paulo.  The client is the one to determine what is the best method to measure their project progress.

There are several ways to calculate a Percentage of Completion.  There is revenue based, cost based, quantity based, progress analysis based.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you all!

Basically I was looking for an alternate POC calculation than using Progress Analysis as its taking much time and they clearly are not using any other progress analysis reports.

So I was wondering if any other POC calculation method is close to the POC calculation via progress analysis.

I now understand after little bit more research and comments here that they are different, so yes its upto the client.

I should be able to at least help them understand the difference between all the methods.

Thank you all again.

Regards,

Krishna

kenmelching
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The most common method is the cost based POC where POC is Actual Cost / Total Planned Cost.

0 Kudos

This message was moderated.