Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CVD indicator in J1IEX

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

In one case of domestic procurement with excise I have the following issue highlighted in bold fonts

Vendor is a local vendor assigned domestic schema group which determines the domestic PO procedure

Tax procedure used in TAXINJ

Excise rates are mentioned with validity in J1ID

GR is done along with capturing of RG23A part 1 entries

Part 2 is done in J1IEX successfully.

BED rate is also not updated in item details area of MIGO document in excise tab, and table J_1IEXCDTL also not updated with rate

BED amount is calculated as per the tax code and registers are updated correctly

Sub transaction type IP is selected in J1IEX (That being a field which is editable in J1IEX and I can assume that user may have done it erroneously)

But CVD indicator is ticked for that excise invoice. This indicator comes if there is an import schema in PO and CVD condition is used and that indicator is not which can be edited by user.

Due to this CVD clearing account is hit instead of MODVAT clearing account.

And at the time of MIRO, the excise amount is not coming and vendor liability is reduced by that BED amount and even the CVD account is not balanced.

I have also checked that vendor schema field was not changed at any point in time since it was created.

Editing the table entries J_1IEXCHDR to remove sub transaction type IP and CVD indicator and J_1IEXCDTL for entering BED rate solves the problem but I want your valuable suggestions in order to find the root cause of this issue.

Thanks in advance

Yagnesh.

4 REPLIES 4

former_member192897
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check if there is any Import condition type JCV1, JECV or J1CV used in the PO Conditions tab. Your understanding is absolutely right. If you assign Import schema to your Domestic vendor and have create PO with this Vendor, system will bring the Import conditions into PO and While capturing and Posting Excise Invoice Sub transaction type IP is updated in Excise tables along with CVD Indicator.

As long as you have these two parameters / values in Excise table, Excise duty does not appear in MIRO. The best method is to reverse the transactions and have created a Fresh PO. Alternately you can modify these values in Excise tables provided your client / Organizations agrees for this activity.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Yagnesh Dave,

Now I face with the same case with you. Did you know how the CVD indicator is ticked in case of domestic PO?

0 Kudos

Hello Nam,

Unfortunately I could not find the reason for the same.

If possible please raise OSS message to SAP and see what they have to say in this issue.

Please do let me know if you find any solution to this or SAP investigates and tells you the probable cause of this issue.

Just for your information, I solved it by editing table entries.

0 Kudos

If you assign Import schema to the domestic vendor in Vendor master then the Import pricing will be fetched into Domestic PO which cause the CVD check in the Excise tables. Ensure you have assigned the right schema vendor group in Vendor Master record.