cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to retrieve xml data from an url with REST Adapter

0 Kudos

Hello,

I would like to retrieve XML datas from a REST url, and then do a mapping in PI, to send the datas retrieved in BI.

But i'm not sure to understand exactly how REST adapter in PI works and how should i design this interface.

In the Entreprise Service Builder, i started to create 2 services with 1 mapping between the 2 messages.

Here is what i have done in the configuration part :

i only created a receiver REST adapter communication Channel, and just put the URL adapter in the URL pattern field.

REST url is like : http://server:port/xxx?query=yyyyyyyyy

In REST operation i indicated "Manual Value" and "Get" for static value.

Data format of this REST url is XML.

that's all.

So after that, i don't know what kind of Sender Communication Channel i should use, and what i should fill in the Sender part of my Configuration Scenario, because all i need is the receiver part, to retrieve the data from the REST Url. (but maybe i'm wrong)

I don't know exactly how i should design my Configuration Scenario for my needs (REST Url -> PI -> BI)

Do i need to create 2 Configuration Scenarios ? (PI->REST Url + PI->BI)

I tried to find some examples or tutorials, but all that i found was not really for my kind of use or not detailed enough.(event with all these documentations : http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-60855 )

Do you know what kind of Sender Adapter i can use, and the way i should design this interface ?

Maybe i should use Sender REST adapter to retrieve the datas, but i didn't find where to enter the complete url, and if i'm not wrong, it seems to be only for REST services in PI.

Tell me if i'm completely wrong about the use of REST adapters.

Let me know if my needs are not clear.

Many thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Olivier,

your trying to do Rest polling scenario?

If yes Configure Rest with polling(XML will picked from the webservice)->PI->BI

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

thanks for your answers.

So i should use Sender REST adapter instead of Receiver adapter ? That sounds more logic to me but in this case, i don't know where to enter the complete REST url i want to use.

Is there a tab in the Sender REST Communication Channel, where i can enter it ?

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

So i should use Sender REST adapter instead of Receiver adapter ?-

Yes,Rest Sender Adapter

Which version and Sp of PI you have?

if you have lower versions than SP11 go for Soap adapter with AXIS protocol-you will get the option to enter the URL to get the request.

0 Kudos

My PI version is NW731 SP10

Maybe that's why....

So you advice me to go for a SOAP adapter instead of a REST adapter ?

Ok, i will try to do it and let you know of the result.

Thanks.

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Oliver,

Yes..if you want to poll the data from the webservice.

pvishnuvardan_reddy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Oliver,

As raghu said, you can configure your scenario with Rest-->PI-->BI

On the sender side, you can use rest adapter using which PI receives the message. On the receiver side, depending on how you want to communicate the data to BI system, you can use file adapter.

You can find more information on how to use REST adapter: