cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

May i resend failed inbound idoc

former_member201275
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

We have a PI IDOC interface which sends idoc from SYS1 to SYS2. This failed overnight for all 10 idocs. In the monitor I can see these, and they are sitting there unprocessed, so my question is; may i resend these? I am new to PI and don't want to break anything.

My last question is; how can I tell from the IB if the config scenario is synchronous or asynchronous? I assume in the case of these idocs it must be asynchronous as it hasn't reprocessed these 10 automatically. Am I correct in this assumption?

Thank you kindly in advance for all help, it is greatly appreciated!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member312864
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Yes you can resend messages in PI . Just select the erronous messages and click on restart in the monitor page.

Idoc communications are asynchronous in nature.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Glen,

My few cents, there some ways to resend failed IDOCs, even you can configure automatic restart. Check this thread reprocessing of failed idocs in sap pi | SCN

Regards

former_member201275
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Inaki, I did not realise this! Your answers always worth more than a few cents.

former_member201275
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thankyou both for your help! It was a connection error, which I forgot to mention in the question. I have resent these now and all is good.

pvishnuvardan_reddy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Glen,

If the messages have failed in PI system, then first check the error log and see the cause of the issue. If it failed due to connection problem, then please check the connectivity is good now and then you can resend the messages from PI system.

But if the message has failed due to data issue, then you can't do much in PI other than just notifying the sender about the same.

Yes, IDOC supports only asynchronous communication only. But we can make the flow as synchronous using BPM or module beans, which entirely depends on your interface configuration.