Field Selection & Screen Sequence !

dineshcbe
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Sir :

In OP40 against Work Center Category 0001 (Machine) there it assigned :

1.     Field Selection 0001

2.     Screen Sequence 0001

In OPFA i.e., Field Selection i could not see any parameter like 0001. Then how the above codes is been listed in OP40. Pls share the tcodes to define those profiles, if any.

Thanks in Advance,

Dinesh Kumar V.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dinesh,

What you see in OP40 under Field Selection and Sequence selection are not the profile but the work center categories to be used as a reference for field & sequence selection.

These are the same workcenter categories that are created in OP40. For example If I want new work center category as Z001, similar to machine, then I can set reference field / Screen selection as 0001 (Machine work center category).

This only helps you to use pre defined settings on new work center category instead of maintaining them again.

You can find it in OPFA once you go to Influencing tab. Under content you can pick the work center category and change the parameters if you want. Check below screenshot:

Best Regards,

Rohit

dineshcbe
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I understood the functionality of Influencing tab in OPFA. Pls expain me about Modifiable tab !

Also I understood about field selection and define it. Pls guide me where (tcode) to define screen sequence of work center category.

Thanks,

Dinesh.

solomon_macwan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

modifiable tab is nothing but drill down tab. double click on the field or select the field and click on modifiable tab , both are same.

screen sequence is standard and fix for all work center. if you want more tab then you have to customize it as custom tab. in OPFA you define which field is relevant for which work center category.

hope this helps.

regards,

Solomon

dineshcbe
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

It means if change any field entry using modifiable tab it'll be applied to all the work center and if we use influencing tab then it'll be applied to specific work center category.

Is it so... Correct me if i'm wrong.

I just want to know what is the difference b/w using modifiable tab and influencing tab in OPFA.

Thanks,

Dinesh.

solomon_macwan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

when you open OPFA, you see screen group and there are two buttons , modifiable and influencing.

in modifiable -

you can maintain two things, 1) whether field is input, req, display, hide etc. 2) also if work center category is different then it should hide or display. if you want one field is in input mode for one w/c category and should be hidden for another (like hidden for category 0006 but should display for 0001) you can maintain

influenicin -

its kind of report of the field, where you can see for which w/c category which field are input, display or hidden. for more information - select any screen group and click influencing - then enter the category.

pls reward if helpful.

regards,

Solomon

dineshcbe
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hi,

Actually i don't how to reward points.

Marking the answer as correct in TAT or somethings else should be done on this.

Pls let me know.

Dinesh.

solomon_macwan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

yes it is correct or you can mark as helpful answer.

Also please reward points to your other questions also.

thank you,

Solomon

dineshcbe
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hi,

OK.

Thanks With Regards,

Dinesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dinesh,