cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with Table replication

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

We are trying to replicate tables from CRM system to HANA using SLT. In our case SLT also part of CRM System.

When we replicate the tables the table status remain "Scheduled" for long time and it never gets completed. But the metadata of the table is created in Schema, But no data loaded to the tables.

Please advice what is the issue.

Best Regards,

Krishna

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

hi,

make sure DMIS component in the source system has the same sp as in slt system. whats the configured periodicity? real-time?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tino,

Yes its the same version maintained. The replication type is real time.

Best Regards,

Krishna

former_member252769
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna

You don't have free WP to run the replication. Ask your BASIS team to increase the work process then it will work.

Also, you can check if there are any background jobs (SM37) running from very long time, which is using all the resources.

Regards

Brillion

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Brillion,

We increased the number of background jobs. But still the satus is same

Best Regards,

Krishna

tobias_koebler
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Send a screenshot from the data transfer monitor tab.

Maybe the access plans are scheduled or calculated (which requires depending on the table some hours or days)

Best, Tobias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Tobias,

Below is the screenshot for the data transfer monitor tab.

Best Regards,

Krishna,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Krishna

I have seen the same issue many times where the table remain in scheduled state. There are quite a number of things can be checked and troubleshooted. I know you must have done many things, just let me know

1. I see some Load Jobs failed in the system. First try to fix the issue as that may cause the jobs to cancel.

2. As there is no much data, have you tried deleting the configuration and recreating new one again. Make sure all all the logging tables and DB triggers are deleted from the source system. Start a clean config and if possible bounce SLT server before creating new configuration.

3. Go to Application Logs and see if you can find any information.

4. Try creating another configuration with a completely different system and see if the tables being replicated.

Mahesh Shetty

Saritha_K
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please ensure there are sufficient number of jobs for the replication process.

You can check background processes status using SM50.

Regards,

Saritha K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saritha,

Thanks for your reply.

I checked SM50 and found the  below. Any idea on this please? Yes sufficient number of jobs are assigned to the replication process.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here is the SM50 scheenshot.

Saritha_K
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

your background jobs count looks to be very less.

How many tables are in scope? Did you refer to the sizing guide while deciding on the number of jobs?

please check section 3.5 for sizing details-

http://help.sap.com/hana/SAP_Landscape_Transformation_for_SAP_HANA_Operations_Guide_en.pdf

note- as per application guide, it is recommended to keep atleast one batch job free so that user can keep changing the number of jobs as per their requirement.

my guess is to increase the number of jobs and try replicating few tables at a time if your background set of jobs are less.

Regards,

Saritha K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saritha,

We incresed the number of  BGs. But still data is not replicated to HANA.

Table status remain showing as "Scheduled" in HANA Studio.

Screenshots

Best Regards,

Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,
when you have started the replication of the table within "Table Overview": which selection did you make? Interpreting the status of the tables, you did not choose the correct selection for a permanent replication. The status says in the screenshot "Load table (no replication)" - thus the permanent replication will not start.
Please check the different options you have when starting the replication.

And one more idea: did you check whether this replication is running? Check the status in the "Administration Data" tab.

Best regards

Konstantin

Saritha_K
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

Couple of queries from my end-

1. Can you share the number of jobs that you have used in your configuration-

no. of data transfer jobs

no. of initial load jobs

no. of calculation jobs

2. are you trying to just load or replicate tables?

3. are you trying to replicate from hana studio or from LTRC screen?

3. just as a test, can you suspend other tables and try loading just one table at a time?

4. can you check whether your configuration is in running mode or not(Tcode LTR)

5. Is there any error message in your system(both source and SLT) thru ST22 and SM21?

Regards,

Saritha K

Saritha_K
Contributor
0 Kudos

one more thing to add here-

if your SLT and source (CRM) are on different systems, please do check the number of background jobs available at both systems

Regards,

Saritha K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saritha,

1. Can you share the number of jobs that you have used in your configuration-

no. of data transfer jobs

no. of initial load jobs

no. of calculation jobs

2. are you trying to just load or replicate tables?

Am trying to LOAD the tables.

3. are you trying to replicate from hana studio or from LTRC screen?

Am replicating from LTRC.

3. just as a test, can you suspend other tables and try loading just one table at a time?

Am tryin to load single table at a time. Still the status remain same as "Scheduled" . But one thing is table meta data created in HANA Schema but no data loaded.

4. can you check whether your configuration is in running mode or not(Tcode LTR).

Yes, It is in running mode. Please see the above screenshot.

5. Is there any error message in your system(both source and SLT) thru ST22 and SM21?

In this case SLT is part of my CRM System. I checked the SM21 trace.

Please suggest.

Best Regards,

Krishna.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Konstantin,

Thanks for your update.

Am actually LOADING the tables. While loading itself am getting this issue. Table meta data created in HANA but no data loaded to HANA.

Yes I checked the administration tab also.

Best Regards,

Krishna

Saritha_K
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

as per your trace, load jobs are getting cancelled. hence no records are loaded.

how many configurations are currently active in in your system?

from your trace, I think this is the second configuration.

Regards,

Saritha K

Saritha_K
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

saw your data monitor screenshot.

are your DD* tables completely loaded?

you should start with other tables replication only when the above three are completed.

regards,

Saritha K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saritha,

As per my knowledge we have only one configuration which is newly created.

So what could be the reason for jobs getting cancelled. Is that is due to number of allocated jobs are less?

Best Regards,

Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes Saritha...Valid point...My DD* tables are still In Process status and no data loaded to these tables also.

Saritha_K
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

Please wait till your DD* tables replication.

see page 22 of application operations guide which clearly states it.

regards,

Saritha k

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saritha,

It's been 1 week that the DD* tables status is remain "IN PROCESS". I think there is some issue in inserting the data to HANA through SLT.

I could see meta data has already been creatd in schema for DD* tales.

Best Regards,

Krishna

Saritha_K
Contributor
0 Kudos

this is strange and doesn't take so much time.

please check sm37 to see how many jobs are running since so long

I would suggest to raise a support incident because this needs system check.

lets wait for Tobias to comment as well on this.

Regards,

Saritha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok Saritha..Thanks a lot for your time and valid suggestions. Very much helpful comments.

Best Regards,

Krishna.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saritha,

did you check the "Data Transfer Monitor"?
Do you have any error message for the DDIC-tables there?
What do the details of the cancellation errors in SM21 state? Do this give you a hint?
You should also check the other messages in SM21, they seem all related to the SLT replication.

Just for the understanding: do you have only this one schema running or is there another schema active?

Regards

Konstantin

Saritha_K
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Konstantin,

this problem is being faced by Krishna

even I am trying to help him out

Yes even I had noticed the same thing...looks like there has been some config created in the past and some other schema was involved. Krishna replied that he is aware of just one configuration

@Krishna,

I agree with Konstantin, there should be some messages for DD* tables as even they are not running properly.

Please check table dmc_mt_header

there you should one config active in your case for MT002 based on your statement

also check sm37...there should be MT002 specific jobs running only if this is your latest and active configuration

Regards,

Saritha K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saritha,

Yes.. I could see two entries are there in table DMC_MT_HEADER. Does it mean the old configuration is still active?? If Yes, How can we delete it?

Best Regards,

Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Konstantin,

did you check the "Data Transfer Monitor"?
Do you have any error message for the DDIC-tables there?

Yes, I checked DTM, and could not find any error message.

What do the details of the cancellation errors in SM21 state? Do this give you a hint?

You should also check the other messages in SM21, they seem all related to the SLT replication.

Yes, I checked the other messages too. But not given much information abt the errro

Just for the understanding: do you have only this one schema running or is there another schema active?

We have only one schema in active "SAP_CRM2"

Regards

Krishna

Saritha_K
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

I hope you have followed steps as per note 1905420 to clean up the first config. Inconsistency can arise if the clean up is not done properly.

I would suggest that take advise from support team to resolve this by raising an incident.

But

Regards,

Saritha