cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Step User field in Extended Job Selection (SM37)

pankaj_adhikari
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All

How can we get field of 'STEP USER' Tcode--SM37--Extended Job Selection--Step User? The field should be visible at the bottom after OR External Program.

Normally it isn't visible. Is it suppressed field?

Regards

Pankaj

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

manumohandas82
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pankaj,

Did you read this Note

1742282 - Job selection by step user

Is your system in any of the affected support packlevel mentioned in the above note ?

Thanks ,

Manu

pankaj_adhikari
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Manu

Is that field STEP USER visible in your client? If yes can you pls cross check all Support Package mentioned in your note.

I want to be sure before I approach client.

Regards

Pankaj

manumohandas82
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pankaj ,

My system is not in the mentioned support pack level . Hence i can see the step user

Mandeep  ( system is SAP_BASIS 7.02/SP8 ) hence he will also have the issue .

The point is not in confirming whether the Note is valid for others  ,  Please check your support pack level  ( From Menu System -> Status ) and let us know

You could believe an SAP Note  far more than anyone who might reply to you in the forum .

Thanks ,

Manu

pankaj_adhikari
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Manu

If your system is not mentioned in support pack level, how can you see 'Step User'. Any ways mine is SAP_Basis Release 700 SP Level 0023. Also Support Package Manager- Version 7.00/0053.

Regards

Pankaj

former_member199290
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Pankaj:

Manu is not seeing the issue as his systems  have SP level equivalent or higher than what is required to be able to see this field.

As per Note: 1742282 - Job selection by step user

you need to be atleast NW 700/SP28. The SP pack level of your system is low hence the issue.

manumohandas82
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pankaj ,

As mandeep has stated above , My systems are not in the affected support pack levels .Your system is affected as per the Note , Because  you are in 700 version and for 700 version this issue is fixed from support pack >=28  ( any you are on 23 )

Thanks ,

Manu

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

pankaj_adhikari
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All

Can I get job details by STEP USER through any table or tcode?

Regards

Pankaj

former_member199290
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Pankaj:

Check TBTC* tables. Table TBTCP has a lot of information.

Thanks.

IanSegobio
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Pankaj,

This is returned for the F1 help:

"If the job is to be executed using another user's authorizations, enter that user name. Note, you must have the authorization to enter this name."

I'm testing with a SAP_ALL user and I can see the field. It must be indeed related to your current user's permissions.

Cheers,
Ian Segóbio.

pankaj_adhikari
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Ian for the information. My user already have SAP_All. I m not able to rectify what can be issue. Any other valuable input.

Regards

Pankaj

pankaj_adhikari
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ian

Infact my user has SAP_ALL, SAP_NEW & S_A.SYSTEM. Still 'STEP USER' field is invisible in SM37.

It looks very very strange to me.

Any advice.

Regards

Pankaj

Mofizur
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pankaj,

This seems to be related to Security.

Can you please check if any transaction variant for SM36 has been created in tcode SHD0.Below doc can give you some idea.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/40d1443e-0184-2c10-c68d-c612f771f...

Thanks,
Mofizur

pankaj_adhikari
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rahman

Unfortunately it doesn't work.

No field of step user seen. Any other option.

Regards

Pankaj

former_member199290
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Pankaj:

We are on SAP_BASIS 7.02/SP8. in SM37->Extended Job Selection->Steps I also don't see any selection criteria for choosing the job step user name.

If you check under Usage Tip you would see that there is no option for specifying a User Name.

In SM36 though you can specify the user name for Steps that is to be executed for the program but in SM37 you have only One option for the user name i.e the user name who created the job but not the inidividual Step User.

pankaj_adhikari
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ian

Since it is working in your case. Can you pls check note mentioned by Manu 1742282 & see if all Support Package are installed in your client.

Regards

Pankaj