Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Search help not working with a read only input field

RicardoRomero_1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I think it is a silly mistake but I cannot find the way to solve it.

I have a dictionary structure in which there is a search help assigned to three of its fields. (Material, unit and description)

I have a context node in my WD with this structure, I didn't change nothing; the Input help mode is automatic.

I have created a table with this context node and I have put only the field Material as editable, the other two fields as read only. The idea is to fill the fields Unit and Description automatically when we are using the search help in the field Material.

Well, if I use the search help is working fine for the fields "Material" and "Unit" but the field "Description" remains empty. The strange thing is that if I put this field as editable, and use again the search help in the field "Material" then is working fine.

I've tried to switch the element to a text view and other things but nothing is working... only works when the field is editable...

Do you know what can be the problem?

Thanks in advance,

Regards.
Rircardo.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

StefanRoesch
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ricardo,

i think this depends on the parameter definition of the dictionary searchhelp that is used for your material.

Probably the unit is not marked as import parameter and description is marked as import parameter.

For the case you can't change the seachhelp i found a small workaround:

The read-only description field is correctly filled by the search-help as soon there is a second field for the description that is NOT read only. As you don't want that second field to appear on your view, you can set the width of the second field to 0px - so it is actual not visible, but the first field behaves correctly.

Not pretty but seems to work.

Hope that helps.

regards,

Stefan.

RicardoRomero_1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

You were right, the description was marked as import/export parameter. I need to filter by this description and I need also to display it in the result list.

In the end I've created two parameters in the search help for the description; one as import parameter and other one as export parameter that I'm using in my table, and now it's working fine. But It's a strange behaivor to me, I wonder if would be possible other solution.

Anyway the issue is solved now.

Thanks!

Answers (0)