Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number range for Sales document,Billing Document and Delivery Document

former_member185462
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please advise how to know which document is assigned with what number range.

For example :

I used Table TVAK to get data for sales document.Through this i got the list of sales document and also i could take print out.

But i does not know from which table i will get similar kind of data for delivery document and billing document types.

Because i need to decide which number range to set.

Thanks,

Pradeep m

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

Here is example and it might help you to understand your question.

We have to assign different no range to Order, delivery and billing doc so that seeing the document number, we should be able to understand about our doc.

Like sales order-no range is 01

for delivery- no range is 05

for billing - no range is 09.

This is not hard and fast rule we have to assign like this.It is depend on client.

Thanks.

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In case you do not use a customer exit for SD document number ranges:

Order: TVAK

Delivery: TVLK

Billing: TVFK

If you use a customer exit, you will have to check the implemented logic in it.

former_member185462
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you,

I have one more doubt.

Suppose in order :I have assigned internal number range : 01 for Doc type :OR

I have assigned same internal number range:01 to delivery doc type :LF

Assume current number in number range: 01 is 20.

If i create order then the number will be 21,if i create delivery will it be 22.

Another order it will be 23,delivery 24.

I understand that both delivery and order document type will share a common number range.

I have tested the same,so while assigning the number we should carefully assign number.

My question is,why SAP have not given different  number range set up for Order,Delivery,Billing.

Say if range 01 is assigned to order,then it should give numbers in sequential manner 1,2,3,4...etc

Say if range 01 is assigned to delivery,then it should give numbers in sequential manner 1,2,3,4...etc

Say if range 01 is assigned to Billing ,then it should give numbers in sequential manner 1,2,3,4...etc

Thanks,

Pradeep M

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Pradeep Mani

Despite repeated cautions to you, you continued to post all your queries without making any efforts to search.  This is not fair on your part ignoring Moderators cautions and deviating SCN rules.

If at all you have made any efforts to search, you also have to explain here what are the inputs taken from your search which is a MUST.  It is very evident that from this post, you have not put in any efforts which I am sure, it clearly shows that you have not bothered to hear Moderators caution.

This is the FINAL WARNING for you and in case you continue to post without searching, then I am sorry to say, your user id would be recommended for deletion and you will loose all your points.

G. Lakshmipathi

cc :   Jyoti Prakash                                    

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SD documents share the same number range object - RV_BELEG, so you probably would not want to have orders, deliveries and billing documents share the same number range intervals.

There are quite a lot of reasons why this is not very practical, please do not do this! Unless of course if you have to fulfill some really complicated legal requirement and even then you may wish to try some other solution.

Apart from number range intervals, there is a setting for the number range object (TCODE SNRO),

where you set whether a number range object is buffered or not and if yes, how many entries you have in the buffer.

In the case of buffering you will not always get the numbers without gaps. So the answer to your question is: depends on SNRO settings for RV_BELEG. You need to consider number range buffering in case you change assignments for already used document types and contact your system administrator for assistance in case of problems with the number range buffer (getting numbers assignment both from the old and the new number range).

former_member185462
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Sorry for posting repeated question.

By searching only i found that TVAK table is related to sales document type.

Might be because of wrong keyword used in Google,i would not have got right link.

Knowing the rules of forum no one would like to post repeated questions.

After Making search only I used to post.

Thanks for your advise,i will try not to post repeated questions.

More over the question was because of this only,please find the below,screen shot which gave me an ambiguity and that made me to raise the question.During my Certification in Online mode,it was not mentioned,all 3 (Order,Delivery,Billing) will share same number range object.It comes out of experience and practice.As an outcome of this only i wanted to say this,so that beginners will not post repeated questions and they should not think that each Order,billing ,Delivery will depend on number range mentioned in their areas respectively,they should not end up in a problem.Even after this explanation if you find this is an unwanted post,then you can block my user id in future.

Thanks,

Pradeep M

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I appreciate your interest in learing SAP on your own.  At the sametime, I am sure, you should also be knowing that in delivery and billing document types, we assign the number range object.  So all you have to check which table the number range stored, you just have to execute the releated IMG menu and check from Technical Information the table details

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi pradeep

Check out table NRIV, it stores the number range interval.The object for Delivery(data base table TVLK) and Billing (table TVFK)? and that number range object for all SD Documents(Sales/Delivery/Billing) is RV_BELEG.use t.code SNUM or SNRO to see the objects

Thanks