Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asynchronous Transactions PENDING for a long time

austin_jacob
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a few transactions that has to be called asynchronously and I observed that they were in Pending state for a long time (almost close to 6 hours) and then running. After some study, I found in the SAP Note 1759717 that I will have to optimize ExecutorMaxPoolSize and

PercentageOfParallelismAllowed settings in the ApplicationThreadManager. Below are the values from our server. What would be the optimum values for these fields?

SAP MII Version : 15.0 SP4 Patch 9

Netweaver: 7.4

Thanks,

Austin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you checked the java traces and logs. It does not appears related to Optimization,  improving transaction run time from few seconds to milliseconds seems Optimization but not from hours.

Observe logs at start and finish of transaction and see what additional information is there.

Answer to below may point you to right direction.

MII running very high frequency schedule jobs with long processing times?

All MII applications are running slow ?

Also check if you need compatible patches on Netweaver: 7.4

-Ram Upadhayay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Austin,

There are no specific optimum values for ExecutorMaxPoolSize and PercentageOfParallelismAllowed.

It all depends on your MII application and how much async or background calls you are making in the application. So you can increase these values and then test your application or basically use the hit and trial method to find the optimal settings for your system.

But keep this in mind (quoted in the note mentioned by you):

"Please be aware that increasing the amount of threads used will increase the amount of resources taken up by your server.  You must test your project with load in order to know how it performs, and if these changes are necessary, and to determine what settings are right for your system."

Also have a look at this note also: 1762409

Regards,

Rohit Negi.