cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Batch job Is not picking up the delivery.

gopalkrishna_k
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I have a issue where the batch job  Program :SDBILLDL is not picking up the delivery and doing the invoice.

I executed the program  RVV05IVB, to update the billing index , still the invoices are not created.

Note : If i create manually vf01 , the invoices are getting picked.

Thanks

Gopalkrishna

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

0 Kudos

Hi  Gopalkrishna

VF01 does not read the billing index table directly so your document can be billed in VF01 if it passes the checks in the copy controls. In VF04/VF04 they system picks up the documents due for billing
from VKDFS as you pointed out. It uses the input criteria form the variant and selects form the table based on those input parameters. So if your document is not selected you must have a filed in your variant that does not match with the actual VKDFS entry. So you should check what is in VKDFS customer, dates billing type etc against your variant.

The easiest way to find out why the document is not selected is to check it during the runtime. You can do this either in simulation in VF04 or by debugging the background job from SM37. The system calls function RV_READ_INVOICE_INDEX and selects from VKDFS.

Check here in VF04:
LV05HFDL -> FORM READ_VKDFS_VKDFI_VF_01
      IF s_vbeln_lines NE 0.

Run your check with just your delivery first and check the contents of the selection criteria compared with the contents of the VKDFS entry for your delivery.

Hope it helps you further
Kind regards
Brian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have the same problem. Have you found any solution?

Thanks,

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

How about the billing date range selected in the background job? If any variant is used, does it cover the billing date requirement of sales documents?

Regards,

Message was edited by: Shiva Ram

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello.

Probably you have already checked ST22, SM12, SM13 and SM21 and the billing logs for potential problems.

Sometimes the reason can be really trivial.

I suppose that you use some specific variant/variants for the background job/jobs.

Is it possible that the document is not included because you use some restrictions for selection?

Try to execute in foreground with the same variant and see if the document appears in the document list.

Is the delivery GI posted after the last job was run?

Do you see the document in table VKDFS immediately after goods issue is posted or it appears with a significant delay?

gopalkrishna_k
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I checked the variants , there is no restriction.

we do not have option to execute in foreground for VF04.

I updated the billing index for both order and delivery still it appears in VKDFS.

Note: I think some think wrong with customer. these are happening for consignment process.

I checked the calender , billing dates etc .

Please advise.

Thanks

Gopalkrishna

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Don't you have authorization to run SDBILLDL with the variant in foreground - at least for simulation?

Since you use collective billing - do you have any errors in the collective run log (tcode V.22, type of collective run F)?

Most probably you run the background jobs with WF-BATCH or another system user and not with a normal user - is my assumption correct?

What happens if you try to create a one-time job with your userID in a test environment for 1 such problematic document (where you have sufficient authorizations) - does it work?

If not - do you see any new records in ST22, SM12, SM13 and SM21?

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
I updated the billing index for both order and delivery still it appears in VKDFS

What do you mean by this?  If you follow the standard process, then no need to manually update VKDFS table.  For information, check the goods issue status of the delivery is not 'A' or 'B'.  Only if goods issue status is 'C' or blank the delivery is written in VKDFS.

G. Lakshmipathi

phanikumar_v3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Note: I think some think wrong with customer. these are happening for consignment process.

what kind of consignment process is this???

Normally in consignment fill-up & consignment pick up--There will not be any billing...Confirm..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi  Gopal

Scheduling the background job using VF06 and check. If in VF06 also same problem exists, then you may need to use a report to check the reason

For the above thread  reference OSS note : 652219 and also 716385 and also  386370  

thanks