cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HAT installation issue: build the companion app error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello!

I have installed Hybrid App Toolkit 1.7.2 successfully a couple of weeks ago. Now there is a new version of HAT 1.8.2 available and I am trying to install this latest version. All the prerequisites are met like before .

However , here comes the problem when buliding the companion app, the error log is attached below. It says

* Try: Run with --stacktrace option to get the stack trace. Run with --info or --debug option to get more log output.

BUILD FAILED

Total time: 2 mins 38.019 secs

C:\Users\I322380\Downloads\SAP_HAT_local-1.8.2\WebIdeCompanion\companionapp\CompanionApp\platforms\android\cordova\node_modules\q\q.js:126 throw e;

^

Error code 1 for command: cmd with args: /s /c "C:\Users\I322380\Downloads\SAP_HAT_local-1.8.2\WebIdeCompanion\companionapp\CompanionApp\platforms\android\gradlew cdvBuildDebug -b C:\Users\I322380\Downloads\SAP_HAT_local-1.8.2\WebIdeCompanion\companionapp\CompanionApp\platforms\android\build.gradle -Dorg.gradle.daemon=true"

ERROR building one of the platforms: Error: cmd: Command failed with exit code 8

You may not have the required environment or OS to build this project

Error: cmd: Command failed with exit code 8

at ChildProcess.whenDone (C:\Users\I322380\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\cordova\node_modules\cordova-lib\src\cordova\superspawn.js:134:23)

at ChildProcess.emit (events.js:98:17)

at maybeClose (child_process.js:766:16)

at Process.ChildProcess._handle.onexit (child_process.js:833:5)

The build process for android exited unexpectedly!

The system cannot find the file specified.

cmd error

The node process of the build script exited with code 1.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

the log contains message as below. it seems that the problem has something to do with this ":dexDebug" file.

* What went wrong:

Execution failed for task ':dexDebug'.

> com.android.ide.common.internal.LoggedErrorException: Failed to run command: C:\Users\I322380\AppData\Local\Android\sdk\build-tools\22.0.1\dx.bat --dex --no-optimize --output C:\Users\I322380\Downloads\SAP_HAT_local-1.8.2\WebIdeCompanion\companionapp\CompanionApp\platforms\android\build\intermediates\dex\debug --input-list=C:\Users\I322380\Downloads\SAP_HAT_local-1.8.2\WebIdeCompanion\companionapp\CompanionApp\platforms\android\build\intermediates\tmp\dex\debug\inputList.txt

Error Code: 2

Output:

UNEXPECTED TOP-LEVEL EXCEPTION:

com.android.dex.DexException: Multiple dex files define Landroid/support/v4/accessibilityservice/AccessibilityServiceInfoCompatIcs;

at com.android.dx.merge.DexMerger.readSortableTypes(DexMerger.java:596)

at com.android.dx.merge.DexMerger.getSortedTypes(DexMerger.java:554)

at com.android.dx.merge.DexMerger.mergeClassDefs(DexMerger.java:535)

at com.android.dx.merge.DexMerger.mergeDexes(DexMerger.java:171)

at com.android.dx.merge.DexMerger.merge(DexMerger.java:189)

at com.android.dx.command.dexer.Main.mergeLibraryDexBuffers(Main.java:454)

at com.android.dx.command.dexer.Main.runMonoDex(Main.java:303)

at com.android.dx.command.dexer.Main.run(Main.java:246)

at com.android.dx.command.dexer.Main.main(Main.java:215)

at com.android.dx.command.Main.main(Main.java:106)

pfefferf
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I had exactly the same problem. For me the error was that I had to update the Kapsel CLI tools (although that is/was not directly mentioned in the error). After I updated the Kapsel CLI tools it worked for me.

In the installation guide it is described under e.g. chapter 3.1.1 (npm install -g <your kapsel home>/KapselSDK/cli).

Best Regards,

Florian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Florian!

I looked into the new installation guide of version 1.8.2 and noticed that the Kapsel  Support Packages required is 3.0 SP09PL04, while it is 3.0 SP09PL01 in previous guide of version 1.7.2.

So this might be the problem, I am downloading the new packages and will try again.

I will let you know if it works! thank you for your kind help!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Florian!

I am delighted to tell you that the problem is solved by upgrading Kapsel as you said.

Thank you again!

Answers (0)