cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UD Status without UD code selection

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are using BAPI : BAPI_INSPLOT_SETUSAGEDECISION for taking automatic usage decision after RR done. ('89' Inspection lot)

Now the issue is sometimes without UD code selection UD status set by the system.

Status set without UD code is UD ICCO SUB

Please help in this case , your rapid reply will be highly approciated.

Thanks,

Abhishek Patel

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think what you are seeing is the result of different checks on status that allows this to happen.

Anytime you utilize the BAPI's for setting UD's and interfacing with external systems, you must make sure everything works right. LIMS providers usually provide all the coding to interface with SAP.  But when you do this inhouse, you have to make sure all the bases are covered.

The status in the JEST table, I.e. the UD is one status.  In the QALS table is another field. QALS-QSTAT35.

You should also have an entry in the QAVE table for the inspection lot once the UD is made.  My guess is that you are missing this entry for the lots in question. But you have set the QSTAT35 flag in QALS.

So check those three things:

1.  System Status

2.  QALS-QSTAT35 value

3.  QAVE table entry.  (if you find an entry, make sure a UD is actually listed here)

Something in your progams are not getting everything set right.  You don't mention if this is happening all the time, or just for certain inspection types, or if it was a one-time thing.

If it was a one time thing, you could have just simply hit a record lock in the during execution of the program and when the program errored out, it didn't properly rollback all the changes it attempted to make.

If its a consistent thing, than it is probably in your program logic and something is being done out of order or certain commits to the database are not being done at the right times.

Please look at the items I mentioned, find the inconsistency and get back to us.  If you show the programmers the inconsistency, they may be able to quickly figure out the problem via debug if it is a consistent error.

Craig

Former Member
0 Kudos

There are multiple inspection lot which has foud incositency here i have taken an examples for Ok lot and Not ok lot.

1.  System Status

Yes incosistancy found in status

Lot 8900000XXXX1 which is having status UD   ICCO SUB

Lot 8900000XXXX2 which is having status UD   ICCO SUB  STUP

2.  QALS-QSTAT35 values

For Lot 8900000XXXX1 has STAT35 not updated.

For Lot 8900000XXXX2 has STAT35 updated 'X'.

3.  QAVE table entry.  (if you find an entry, make sure a UD is actually listed here)

Entry Found only for Lot 8900000XXXX2

Thanks,

Abhishek

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Why you use BAPI_INSPLOT_SETUSAGEDECISION for giving UD after result recording completion when you can easily do so using QA16 standard transaction code?

Secondly I don't think the problem you are facing is because of this BAPI as you are using this BAPI for giving UD. The status must be changing to UD ICCO prior you run this BAPI. Still it is good to check the status before and after this BAPI run - what Arijit has suggested.

It can be system bug which sets the status as UD done even if the UD is not done. There is a SAP note 174877 for this fix. Explore more on that!

The similar threads I found,

https://scn.sap.com/thread/1635674

Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think in this suggested link note given for stock posting related issue ,

we are using non stock relevant inspection type which is 89.

Thanks,

Abhishek

busyaban7
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

Please can you explain us the inspection lot system status behavior before and after UD when BAPI_INSPLOT_SETUSAGEDECISION is called for putting the UD -

a) MSUB (Marked for sub system) - do you have this status?

b) SUB (Lot transmitted to subsystem)

Are you using any custom program to call the BAPI to put UD? Have you checked the variant carefully where 'SUB" was missed out? Please confirm if there is only one such job is running which do not considers "SUB" system status.

Thanks for your inputs.

Arijit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arijit,

Thanks for the rapid reply..

Before UD and after RR status should be INSP RREC SUB

After UD it should be UD   ICCO SUB  STUP actual.

Yes in one of the lot i have seen MSUB as well.

But the issue is Status set without UD code is UD ICCO SUB as i said above.

Auto UD triggers through BAPI after RR done in Non SAP.

Yes custom program to call bapi , We are checking status '5' Processing is completed in RR then process Auto UD.

Thanks,

Abhishek