Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maintenance Cycle and Normal Change Request in solution manager 7.1

former_member252955
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Expert

I am having one query about maintenance Cycle, can I remove the dependency Cycle and maintenance task list dependency CHARM for Normal change request as user does not want lengthy process and more of that there is no TR selection screen while Schedule Import Task list as it import all the Buffered TR.

Regards

Prakash

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

TomCenens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prakash

It sounds like you want to mold CHARM into QGM (Quality Gate Management) which wouldn't work and wouldn't make sense. If the end-users want very little governance / options you've better of with QGM in my opinion.

Another remark though, it is possible to use selective import in CHARM, check this blog post:

http://scn.sap.com/community/it-management/alm/solution-manager/blog/2013/11/20/new-import-strategy-...

This does only show up if an operator perform the release on production through the task list.

I tend to leverage both selective and status dependent import (meaning only change documents in a specific status are imported into production ~ thus no longer everything that is in the buffer).

If you would combine both of the above selective & status dependent, you can still use a background job, that job then only takes into account status dependent settings (see SPRO customizing activity - Define Import Strategy - see the blog post). If the operator would use the task list to perform the import, he would get a pop-up where change documents that are not in the correct status are grayed out and where change documents in the right status can still be deselected if wanted.

Best regards

Tom

former_member252955
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Tom.