cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In Put away Strategy "P" Assigning 03 Bin to Single Item.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I am using Put away Strategy "P" , capacity check, mixed storage & SUT (Storing Material in  02 Pallets with Different Sizes in same bin)  has been activated. But i am facing problem in assigning 03 Different bins to same article. I have seen in material master there is an option of assigning only 01 bin to one material. Can you suggest is there any way out to meet my requirement by changing strategy or by any other solution in WM.

Pl. Help.

Rajesh.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please elaborate the line "But i am facing problem in assigning 03 Different bins to same article" what actually you are trying to do and what is your expectation from system

At any point of time you can define only one storage bin(fixed bin) in material master for any material, if your requirement is that you receive stock in two different pallet size then you need to define that as a LE Qty1 & LE Qty2 in WM2 view and accordingly propose the putaway strategies for SUT in storage type and for storage bin type

SPRO----LE---WM-----Strategies---storage bin type search

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manish,

Thanks for your reply.

Detail Scenario - Due to large quantity of certain Material i can store material in more than 1 bin. & address of bins in which those material has to be stored is fixed. For Example :-

Material      Bin No           Qty Pallet -1           Qty Pallet - 2

A0001     01-01-01          100 Pcs                    100 Pcs

A0001     01-01-02          100 Pcs                    100 Pcs

A0001    01-01-03          100 Pcs                     100 Pcs

My Problem is i am not finding Place to assign Bin no - 01-01-01,  01-01-02,  01-01-03 to material A0001.

Pl. help.

Thanks

Rajesh

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As far as fixed bin concept are concern you can define only one bin in the material master and every time whenever you receive the stock system will propose the same bin for putaway.

if I take your above example then 300 can be accommodated in 3 bins what if in future you receive 1000 pcs, what is your business proposal in that case, where the balance 700 pcs should go ?

based on your reply probably we can suggest some alternate using custom code

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manish,

Thanks a lot for Reply

Qty to be stored in Bins has been fixed on the maximum Qty only. I had confirmed with client & he had committed that received qty will not increase than maximum Qty. But i understand your point of view if someday we receive more than 300 Qty than surely it will be problem but i didn't though in that direction because many time client has committed that this is maximum Qty.

But we can provide overstock Storage Type & accommodate extra Qty in it.  (Do you think this option is right).

Same time i kept 1 more option also open i can go for Strategy "I" - Addition to existing stock & bins are proposed on the basis of available bin in storage type but i need that storage type which will accommodate Following consideration :-

• SUT - For Storing 03 Pallets in 1 Bin.
  • Capacity Check to be activated for max. Pallet Qty in a Bin
  • Mixed Storage Type.

Pl. suggest for best option.

Regards,

Rajesh

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SUT - For Storing 03 Pallets in 1 Bin.--

Same bin but you have capacity to store three storage unit (of same type ) if my understanding is correct and with the limited information which you supplied I can suggest to explore the option of using putaway strategy 'P' with bin section option (prerequisite: Define a separate storage bin type for all those physical structure where you can store 3 pallet in a single bin(e.g. L1)

in SPRO---LE---WM---Strategies----Putaway strategies---Define strategies of pallet

Bin section

Warehosue     Storage type    section    No of item   1   2   3 ...........................99

001                  HRS                  A                  3           1  2   3

Bin type and storage unit type

warehouse  storage type    SBT    SUT   Bin section           max number of quant

001               HRS               L1      EP         A                                3

by doing this system will allow only three pallet in the storage type HRS where bin type is L1

Please have a look and let us know whether this meets your requirement

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manish,

Thanks a lot for your support & help.

Above solution + your first post for question worked as per my requirement.

Thanks,

Rajesh

Answers (0)