cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit management doesn´t take into account current invoice

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

First of all, I1d like to thank whoever may help me or even read this without knowing how to solve the problem.

In the company I work for we use credit management a lot and it works very well except for one thing related to credit limit.

SAP make the credit limit properly but doesn´t seem to take into account current document I am working on.

In order to explain this better I1ll give na example:

A customer has a credit limit of 10.000 USD. He has 9.999 USD of dued payments, so that his credit limit is not exceeded for 1 USD.

SAP will let me issue a delivery note, make the PG issue and issue the invoice as credit limit is not exceeded BEFORE this document.

Once I issue the invoice the limit of 10.000 is exceeded up to 19.999 (9.999 USD above the limit).

The result is that I Always exceed credit limit and in some cases small customers will financial problems made a huge order far above the total credit limit and SAP let it go threw and meant a significant loss for the company when the customer finally bankrupted.

FYI = we use static credit control (printscreen in attach of risk category used)

I don't know if this is the normal way of standard SAP to manage credit limit or if it can/should work differently.

Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Rafa,

a couple of questions so that it is easier to find the root cause:

• which update group are you using for the credit control area (in your OVA8 screenshot it is cropped)?
  • for whcih documents you execute automatic credit control - orders, deliveries or combination of both?

Sometimes it is difficult to track inconsistencies in credit update, so I would you ask to perform the following in your test system:

Create a sales order relevant for credit checks for a customer where you have 1:1 relationship between payer and credit account (the best would be if there are no open orders, deliveries, billing documents or open items for it at present). Post a screenshot of the result of CHECK_CM program (from SE38) with this order, so that we can see how S066 and S067 infostructures are updated and also your item category settings. Before you create an order, make sure that you have no values in S066 and S067 in the guaranteed open values field (S066-AOEIW, S067-AOLIV, S067-AOFAW) for this credit account.

Unfortunately we will have to take it one step at a time (later you will create the delivery and post a billing document), because there can be a myriad of reasons why credit management does not perform as desired, so you will need to be patient.