cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fiori - Approve Requistions - mass approval/rejection?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have implemented the 'Approve Requisitions' app. I am wondering if theres a way to enable mass actions in this app like the My Inbox? e.g. multi-selecting the items and approving/rejecting them?

Thank you for your help!

Priya

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Priya,

It is not available in the standard. You should extend the app.

I always recommend "Auto approval" instead of "Mass approval". Most of users use "Mass approval" for "Blind approval". "Blind approval" is not a good use case from compliance point of view.

After implementing auto approval, approvers will get only important workitems to make a decision. It saves approver's time and Approvers do not need to do blind approval anymore.

Regards,

Masa / SAP Technology RIG

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Masa and Arun for your helpful input.

I agree with the blind approval concept Masa, but as Arun mentioned, I have seen the multi-approval functionality that 'My Inbox' offers and it seems very useful especially when one is using their phone. Makes it very easy to check off the items you have reviewed already and approve all at once. (assuming they are not blindly doing it)

Arun, to your suggestion - I wanted to use My Inbox for these requisition approvals, but since our custom workflow approval task is not a 'user decision' but an 'activity', looks like I would have to implement BADIs to make it work. Currently in SAP inbox, we have the users go into ME54n when they click on the WF item in their inbox. So I am finding it hard to make it work with 'My Inbox' without extending the BAPI. Whereas the 'Approve Requisition' app comes with the standard 'approve' and 'reject' buttons that tie into my custom workflow.

If you have any suggestions around having the same buttons in 'My Inbox'....I would love to know!

Thank you both for your answers! It's great to know there's help out there in this new SAP UX wave!

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Priya,

If the mass approval is required function for approval, you can implement My Inbox + BADI.

Implementation steps are in .

If you need a help, please create a new discussion.

Regards,

Masa / SAP Technology RIG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Priya,

As Masayuki said there is no default provision or option within the standard Approve requisitions app for mass approvals. If your requirement is flexible, you can switch to Generic approvals MyInbox app and you can configure scenario (it is just like filter) which will help you in filtering only approve requistions and pass to My Inbox app. Now Inbox app can be treated as Approve requisitions and all base functioanlities of MyInbox app like mass approvals etc were also available without doing much UI changes.

Regards,

Arun.