Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDT Query Output Qualfier Owner

former_member402770
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have dev universe repository where i resued an connection of some schema user of Quality, but while trying to execute the report query in the sql developer tool login in the schema iam getting the required output but when i run the query in webi report my output is different. I have modified the owner in DF to the quality schema user but the data output is different in webi compared to database. All options tried purged, created the report again based on the universe nothing works,

I have modfied the tables to point to the owner xxx but still there is old entries showing in webi report compared to DB output.

In IDT in DF Layer, i have an Owner in the format [SDF]-[3423] which is the main user having all sub-users under one of the xxx having the tables which iamk building universe. The data output of webi not showing the same numbers as of DB user xxx in database.

Appreciate your help

Thanks,

Dinya.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

amitrathi239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

recheck the universe connection is pointing to the same database where you are running the Sql query.

Copy the SQL of webi report and run on the Sql developer query tool and compare the data.Use the same user name which is defined in the Universe connection while running the SQL on the Developer tool.

You said data is coming correct with DB user in the database.Use same user name in the Universe connection and check in webi.

Amit

former_member402770
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks Amit, now there is an improvement where the Database output and Connection Output matches whereas in my previous post Oracle connection output was not itself matching. Although, The webi output still missing the values.

There is Employee from One Source (Not an DB) and Employee from another source (DB) having relationships with department which is having relationships..

In Oracle Database:

sql Inserted new records in One Table Employee (DB) table alone to match an record with Employee (Not an DB)

sql Updated some records (measure amounts) in One Table Employee (DB)  table alone to match an record with Employee (Not an DB)

Employee (Not an DB) and Employee (DB) merged in my webi output:

Observation;

sql updated records (measure amounts) in Employee (DB) matching with Employee (Not an DB)

sql inserted records (new) in Employee (DB) shows null with Employee (Not an DB)    -----   Issue is here missing this new record in webi

Thanks,

Saravanan

amitrathi239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Share some screenshots.

Amit

Answers (0)