Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP PI to Success Factors Onboarding Integration Issue

former_member341292
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I would like to see if any one faced the same issue that we are currently experiencing while integrating Success factors Onboarding to SAP HCM.

Scenario in Scope: Pull Onboarding information from Success factors to SAP.

When we configured the scenario and tried to test importing On-Boarding information from Success factors to SAP, we found that the message is failing in SAP PI with an error Cannot cast class java.lang.String to class java.io.InputStream” also we found that the scenario is triggering the “SFSFOnboardingCandidateInfo_Out” interface.

We followed the below SAP Document link in Configuring the interface. We used the SFSF adapter with ODATA as Message protocol for this “SFSFOnboardingCandidateInfo_Out” interface to get posted to SF as mentioned in the below document link.

https://websmp109.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/012002523100004147712015E

Also attaching the MONI error log from SAP and PI log in Message Monitoring  in regards to this issue.

Please go this attached content and let us know if you have any inputs for us on this issue.

Thanks in advance.

Sridhar.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

RaghuVamseedhar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sridhar,

Can you please confirm, API is properly exposed by SuccessFactors. I can see 'Onboarding' in SFAPI not in OData.

Please test

OData

If API is exposed using SFAPI

former_member341292
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Raghu,

Thanks a lot for your prompt reply... 

The below document from SAP shows the list of calls that happens between SAP and SF in regards to Onboarding interface.

https://websmp209.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/012002523100009638852015E

If we go to Section 3.1 Installation Sequence in the above document, there is a table (Table 11) for Success factors. There we can see the series of calls that it makes to SF.

In our case system is trying to make an ODATA call for "OnboardingCandidateInfo" and request is SF as well. End of this call we are receiving the error that I posted initially in this thread.

When we see the logs in SF for this ODATA call, we see the response as "Unauthorized" in SF even after providing all ODATA roles to API user in SF.

Raised this issue to SAP and Would like to check with you if there is any thing else that we are missing in SF in providing access to API user. Please let us know your inputs so that I can work with SF team in looking into that specific area.

Thanks for your support on this.

Thanks,

Sridhar.

dyasser
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please make sure you use correct API Endpoint URL for your instance from HCM Suite OData API.

Also, please check that your SFAPI user is not expired and you can login with that user to the API Endpoint URL via browser.

In my case, URL is https://api4preview.sapsf.com/odata/v2/

Username: SFAPI@company_id

Password: ***

Hope this helps.

Dmitry Yasser