cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Means Of Transport on the Transportation lane - ECC vs APO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I am looking for a state where " Certain changes done to shipping data (Shipping Conditions/ Route) on an STO/PO should change the Means of Transport(MOT) on the Transportation Lane(TLane) in APO and update for that Shipment"

Scenario is we have materials moving amongst plants located in different countries, based on the urgency and type of material the buyer should be able to choose Air/Ocean/Truck as MOT while creating an STO. These selections should in turn get reflected in APOs Tlane's MOT.

Currently for a certain set of materials or locations/plants, In APO when a TLane is set up and no MOT is set as default, the MOT comes as blank for that TLane. When we set a default MOT (say Truck), only Truck is update as MOT even though the Material's/Plant's preferred MOT is air/ocean.

I have tried updating multiple combinations of Shipping Conditions and Route on the STO - No luck

I even tried to change the, Transportation Group on the Material Master and then created STO - No Luck

Can you please advice/guide, as to how can get this working.

Thanks a tonne for you time.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ruchi_das2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Kumar,

I am afraid that there is no standard way to link Route/Shipping Conditions selected while creating an STO to MOT of T-Lane in APO. You can either use Scheduling under Transportation and Shipment Scheduling or pursue the path of Enhancements. The following link has expert advice on a similar question.

Pick MOT as per the Route in STO created in ECC | SCN

AK

kenneth_snyder
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am not sure you design is even feasible.  As you know there are unlimited number of shipping conditions.  How can they integrate with MOT in APO.  APO MOT is basically used to determine duration.   There may be numerous shipping conditions with same duration:  USPS next day air, UPS next day air, FEDEX next day air, etc..  Why would APO need to have this level of informationn?

You can always customize this intergration but based upon your rules.

Ken