cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quota accrual not coming upto 5 decimals

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Experts,

As the SAP standard function QUOTA does not take into consideration the date type whose date is before the hire date in SAP, I am writing a rule to realize the requirement.

The accrual is daily. Say, for first 5 years, the entitlement is 15 days/year. So for the eligible employees, when I do 15/365 for daily accrual it gives me 0.04000 days instead it should give me 0.04109 days.

Could you please help?

Rgds,

Arun

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

jagan_gunja
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The actual accrual as well as entitlement has 5 decimals.  This can be seen in PT50 txn, and in IT 2006.

However, when you get the current balance for an abs quota type using HRS=FRxxC for quota type xx in a time eval PCR, the hours are truncated to 2 decimals, since the TIP has only 2 decimals for the hours (ANZHL field).

Because of such truncation, calculations in payroll first multiply by 100,000 (constant GENAUin T511K), then after all calculations are completed, divide by the same constant to restore the decimals to normal.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

The issue is resolved.

Thank you very much.

Warm Rgds,

Arun

jagan_gunja
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Arun,

It is common to mark the useful responses, before closing the thread.  And also if you post what was the solution you used, it would help some others  

.br, JG

Former Member
0 Kudos

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3799541

Hi Jagan,

Please see the above thread for the solution.

Rgds,

Arun

jagan_gunja
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please explain the relationship of leap year solution to 5 dec. in quota accrual

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jagan,

Earlier I was unable to get the desired solution via the standard configuration and the QUOTA function was not generating the correct amount of leave accrual based on seniority. I thought of writing a rule for the same to achieve the daily accrual (say 15 days/365 or 366). But later realized that if I pass the right number of annual quota (say 15 days) to the day balance, the QUOTA function will automatically take care of the leap year.

The issue mentioned in this thread, is a child issue where I was not able to generate the 5 decimal daily accrual via the rules. Anyways I have created a rule as mentioned in the other thread and passed the yearly QUOTA to day balance. This resolved the issue.

Thank you.

Rgds,

Arun

jagan_gunja
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Because of such go live issues, a date type is used to indicate hire date or start of service date.  In V_T559L ->generation rules->accrual tab, use the date type.

The date type in IT 41 can be inserted during hiring personnel action, using dynamic actions.  This is a very common config, if you have seen the posts in SCN.

For go-live, LSMW is used to populate IT 41 in bulk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jagan,

Thanks for the reply.

I have gone through the SCN links earlier. I tried date type option under accrual tab, it did not work.

could you pls help?

Rgds,

Arun

Sanky
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

Could you tell us what is the issue exactly or what's your business scenario.

Regards, Sankarsan