Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Doc type for posting in non leading ledger only

kishore_kumar111
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi

I have defined doc type for non leading ledger.This doc type should be allowed for posting only in non leading ledger.But I am able to post this doc type in both the ledgers leading and non leading.How can I restrict the posting to only non leading ledger?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can try using BADI GLT0_AFTERSPLIT_VAL for this purpose. It's triggered after document splitting; hence, there is information about the ledger in the parameters.

Regards,

Eli

ankit_agarwal8
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kishore,

First thing, document type are at client level. As per SAP standard, you can not control document type according to ledger.

Second thing, as you want to use this document type for adjustment type of entries in non leading ledger, you will post these only through FB01L or FB50L. So in this case you can create a Validation "If Document type BKPF-BLART is equal to XX (Document type), then system should allow BKPF- TCODE as FB01L or FB50L only."

Regards,

Ankit K. Agarwal

Gustavo_Vazquez
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kishore,

In FB01L you have authorization objects

F_BKPF_BLA

F_FAGL_LDR

You create a user profile which does not allow posting this doc type to this ledger, will it work ?.

There is no validation on ledger as far as I know

Kind Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar

You cannot make postings specific to ledgers or to ledger groups of accounts automatically, because when the document is posted all ledgers are updated. But you can post a document in a specific ledger manually, for example using tcode: FB50L in this transaction you can choose the specific ledger to post the document.

In the case of Asset Accounting (FI-AA), you need to use the depreciation areas to

model the parallel accounting. In SAP Customizing, assign ledger groups to depreciation areas and always assign the leading ledger to depreciation area 01. Assign each of the non-leading ledgers to a depreciation area other then 01 and also to a derived depreciation area.

Best Regards.

Jandoval Nascimento

kishore_kumar111
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks for reply.

I am able to post the doc type with FB50 and FB01L/FB50L .Is it the normal behavior of system. Suppose if I want to post an adjustment entry due to local gaap in non leading ledger and I want to use the doc type for posting in non leading ledger.Is it possible that ,the doc type should  be allowed to be posted only in non leading ledger manually not in leading ledger so that Ican easily find the adjustment entries in non leading ledger easily.