cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with embedding links into my blog ...

carolyne_burnard
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi there, I am a regular poster of blogs to SCN but today I am having trouble on a couple of things related to formatting my blog content.  Firstly when I try and change text to bullet points I get an error and then the editing application quits.  Secondly, the editor just won't accept me hyperlinking.  All things I have previous managed to do.  Any suggestions for a work around?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JasonLax
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Carolyne - What browser and version of it are you using?

carolyne_burnard
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Jason IE 11.

JasonLax
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Copy/paste doesn't work with IE 11 but those other things shouldn't be an issue. 

I can't recreate the bug with the bullet points but I did get the error when trying to apply a hyperlink to a string of text. 

Compatibility view doesn't help: any chance you can try through a different browser?

Cc:

former_member323
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Carolyne,

Unfortunately both the issues that you've described are known issues on Jive5 with IE11

Adding bullet points will result error

Adding links (TinyMCE) will not work

First workaround would be to use chrome or firefox for these operations.

This is probably the best workaround because there are additional known issues related to Jive5 using IE11. for example copy/paste text, uploading files...

Second workaround would be to switch to HTML mode (just for these specific operations)

For example - adding bullet points:

Type your text, then switch to HTML mode, then for the lines that you wish to add a bullet point change <P> to <li> and </P> to </li>, then switch back to Full Editor mode for further editing the text.

I hope that this information is helpful for you.

Regards,

David.

carolyne_burnard
Explorer
0 Kudos

Sorted in Chrome - thank you.

Answers (0)