Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fixed Asset Substitution activation

former_member351125
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear SAP Guru,

What is the transaction code for activating Fixed Asset substitution for Postings. I am searching google but could not find any.

Thanks!

Jhero

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Jhero,

The transaction code to activate FI-AA substitutions is OACS.

However, instead of OACS you can remember transaction GGB4 as a general entry point to activate substitutions and validations for multiple components (not only FI-AA). It's easier to remember because naming is similar to GGB0 and GGB1 for maintaining validations/substitutions.

Best regards, Michael

former_member351125
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Michael for the reply. OACS and GGB4 are pointing to Activation of "Master Data Substitution (Asset Accounting)". I create substitution rule via GGB1 on the Asset Accounting > Posting. I would like to know where can I activate the substitution I created for Asset Accounting > Posting.

Thanks in advance!

Jhero

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try T.code OBBH to active at accounting document level.

Thanks!

former_member351125
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply but the substitution I created  in Asset Accounting > Posting is not available there.

former_member198650
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Substitution is not permitted for asset posting. So you can create a substitution in FI in GGB1 and assigned it to OBBH.

Regards,

Mukthar

former_member351125
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply, It is weird as I was able to create substitution rule for asset postings in GGB1 but could not activate it. Here is my requirement:

1. I have new depreciation area 38

2. Only specific transaction type can only post to area 38, if other transaction type used the value should be zero.

Possible solution: Always modify the value of book 38 during asset transaction (manually)

Problem: Cannot handle automatic transaction

Possible solution: create ttype to post only to book 38

Problem: I need to restrict ALL transaction type so it will not post to book 38.

I would like to know what you can suggest.

Thanks in advance!
Jhero

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jhero,

The purpose of a substitution is to add some additional information, like account assignments, but not to adjust amounts during a posting.

We provide user exit AINT0004 ("Change amount posted for certain areas") to adjust values in certain depreciation areas. You can check it's documentation in SMOD. Actually there is an example that covers exactly your case (set amount 0,00 for a certain depreciation area based on the transaction type).

You should be able to fulfill your requirement using this customer exit, not with substitution.

Best regards, Michael

former_member351125
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Michael! I will proceed on this.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

NathanGenez
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It's in the IMG under the Transactions menu.

former_member351125
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Nathan but what is in SPRO is Valdiation and not substitution.

Thanks!

Jhero