cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup tenant from DB13

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm trying to schedule backups of my BI 7.4 system on DB13 but I'm getting the next error message:

It's not possible to do backups from a BI on a tenant database from DB13?

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182967
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ruben,

You can also use SQL commands (then put it in crontab for automatic processing) to skip the compatibility between DBACOCKPIT and tenant DB.

#!/bin/bash

export dt=`date +%m%d%y%H%M`

/usr/sap/<SID>/HDB<nn>/exe/hdbsql -i <nn> -n <hostname>:3<nn>13 -d SystemDB -u SYSTEM -p <password> <<EOF

BACKUP DATA FOR <tenant_DB> USING FILE ('$dt')

EOF

Regards,

Ning Tong

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ning,

I'll try it.

But I prefer to check the backups schedule from DB13.

Thanks.

adrian_dorn
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Ruben,

you can use DB13 fot tenants under SAP_BASIS 7.40 SP08 if you install the preliminary development contained in SAP note 2164096. As written in the note in the section "Procedure B", you will need to enter Blank in the field "Backup Destination". The Backup then will be made into the file specified in your backup configuration parameters.

Regards, Adrian

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

michael_devine
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi,

In SAP_BASIS 7.40 SP7 the DBACOCKPIT, DB02, DB13 scheduler does not yet support the backup of tenants. This is because when 7.40 SP7 was released, HANA did not yet have a multitenant feature. You will need to upgrade your SAP_BASIS Support Package if you want to use the DBACOCKPIT, DB02, DB13 scheduler for your multitenant DB.

There are two ways you can schedule a tenant backup with the DBACOCKPIT, DB02, DB13 scheduler (in newer Support packages):

a) Integrate the SYSTEMDB into DBACOCKPIT. Then connect to the SYSTEMDB via DBACOCKPIT. Here you can then schedule backups for both the SYSTEMDB and every tenant ==> Support Package Requirement for this alternative: 7.40 SP10 (already available for customers)

b) Connect to the tenant via DBACOCKPIT and schedule the backup for this tenant ==> Support Package Requirement for this alternative: 7.40 SP11.

Regards,

Michael Devine

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Michael,

System has SAP Basis SP08.

Where did you find this options ti schedule the backup of tenant db?

Regards