Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Last Records

former_member188353
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

can any one give the general solution to my Query...

Q: if we have file and it consists of 100 record,in that if we need to ignore the first ten records while using FCC we useDocument offset.

like that if i need to pick first 90 records means i need to ignore the last 10 records then what to do?

and if i need to pick the records randomly then how?

anybody please give me the solution.

Regards,

PR.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi P R,

I think the best way is to do it at mapping level, the FCC has restrictions and to develop an own module for this seems to be a bit complicated when you can apply different logics at mapping level.

Regards.

former_member188353
Participant
0 Kudos

HI Inakia,

i did't get you...can you please reply individually for my 2 questions? and How?

Regards,

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi P R,

like that if i need to pick first 90 records means i need to ignore the last 10 records then what to do?

Document offset (Converting Text Format in the Sender File/FTP Adapter to XML - Advanced Adapter Engine - SAP Library) is only useful to skip the N first lines, not the N last.

You don't have an standard way to do it. You can do it with OS batch file or at mapping level. You will can do it a own module bean, but it seems to complicated for me, at least.

Worse case than the before. The easiest way to do it is at mapping level.

What do i can say with "at mapping level"?, easy, you take all the register in the FCC conversion. Later via message mapping, xslt or java mapping you identify these register and the mapping ignore them. Depending how are these registers to be skipped, the map will be more or less difficult. For example if you have a specific value to identify them, you will can skip theír map with the if-then-else standard function in the message mapping.

Hope this helps and that i've explained better my thoughts.

Regards.

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello PR,

you can use the below FCC parameter

Recordset Structure: RootFieldName,90.

Randomly with any condition?I guess you cant handle in FCC,do it @ mapping level.

former_member188353
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Raghu,

Can you please explain in depth.   Recordset Structure: RootFieldName,90.

can you give an example?

Regards,

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello PR,

whats ur root node..I will give the exact parametername.