cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Monitoring maxdb from solman 7.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I´m trying to setup a connection from solman to a MaxDB database.

The program RSADA_CHECK_SERVERS tells me that the client software i OK.

I have created a DB59 connection but it is not working. DB59 connection test tells me in the workprocess log:

Tue Sep 15 15:16:18 2015

B  Loading DB library 'F:\usr\sap\SLM\DVEBMGS00\exe\dbsdbslib.dll' ...

M  *** ERROR => DlLoadLib()==DLENOACCESS - LoadLibrary("F:\usr\sap\SLM\DVEBMGS00\exe\dbsdbslib.dll")

Error 126 = "The specified module could not be found." [dlnt.c       255]

M  {root-id=0050569D0CAE1EE596F3F1456F70B7BD}_{conn-id=00000000000000000000000000000000}_0

B  *** ERROR => Couldn't load library 'F:\usr\sap\SLM\DVEBMGS00\exe\dbsdbslib.dll'

[dbcon.c      5973]

B  {root-id=0050569D0CAE1EE596F3F1456F70B7BD}_{conn-id=00000000000000000000000000000000}_0

But the dbsdbslib.dll is in the directory.

Can you please help me?

when I get the DB59 connection working I´m expecting that I can use DBACOCKPIT to monitor it.

Best Regards

Thomas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member199290
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas:

Can you please test the connection using report  ADBC_TEST_CONNECTION. Often time this report gives more accurate results i.e. in regards to errors for the DB connection.

Please let us know the results.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mandeep

Here is what ADBC_TEST_CONNECTION say:

B Fri Sep 18 09:18:38 2015

B  Loading DB library 'F:\usr\sap\SLM\DVEBMGS00\exe\dbsdbslib.dll' ...

M  *** ERROR => DlLoadLib()==DLENOACCESS - LoadLibrary("F:\usr\sap\SLM\DVEBMGS00\exe\dbsdbslib.dll")

Error 126 = "The specified module could not be found." [dlnt.c       255]

M  {root-id=0050569D0CAE1EE597BAA97C35147EFB}_{conn-id=00000000000000000000000000000000}_0

B  *** ERROR => Couldn't load library 'F:\usr\sap\SLM\DVEBMGS00\exe\dbsdbslib.dll'

[dbcon.c      5973]

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

Have you updated your path variable & LIBRARTY_PATH in your environment of your slmadm user for the Max DB client path.

As sap is looking for the Max db clinet libraries which is not avilable in your Exe directory "F:\usr\sap\SLM\DVEBMGS00\exe

As this will be required to adapt the new libraries installed by Maxdb client.

So request to update your path & library path in your user enviorment for same.

Regards,

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have for the user slmadm under User variables for SLMADM set the variable PATH to F:\usr\sap\SLM\DVEBMGS00\exe

Under System variables I have set the LS_LIBRARY_PATH to F:\usr\sap\SLM\DVEBMGS00\exe

So I think it is strange that it cannot find it or is it wrong with the variables. The dbsdbslib.dll file is located in the exe directory.

Regards

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Connection issue is solved. I was missing variables under PATH. I found this note 1875819 were it says which variables I should have.

Thanks for all your help for now.

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Could you run the below command as slmadm and provide the output?

sapcontrol -nr 00 -function GetVersionInfo

Additionally, follow this note and set up the database connection as suggested.

1371928 - DBA Cockpit: SAP MaxDB/liveCache as remote database

Check if the client software is installed as suggested in the note

649814 - Updating the SAP MaxDB/liveCache client software

Also, what is the database used by the Solution Manager system?

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

So the connection is working through DBACockpit and I can also monitor maxdb through RZ20, but i want the system to send an email when there is something wrong like diskspace. How do I do that? I´m trying under solman_setup - Managed systems. But the MaxDB can´t see the diagnostic agent.

Br

Thomas

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Did you restart the SAP system after installing the client MaxDB software and putting the DBSL files?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes and also the whole server. Is there some kind of registration of the file I need to do?

br

Thomas

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

and have you adapted the environment variables with the MaxDB client installation location?

Former Member
0 Kudos

That I'm not sure about. How do I do that? The solman system runs on a Microsoft platform

BR

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

Please refer to below OSS notes and SCN documents for further reference:-

990602     FAQ: CCMS for MaxDB/SAP liveCache technology

822239      FAQ: SAP MaxDB Interfaces

822271         FAQ: SAP MaxDB client software

1265134 - DBA Cockpit: Connection of a remote database

Which will address all your doubts. Let us know if you need any further help on same.

Regards,

Ram

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

You probably will need to login with the user which SAP is running and adapt the environment variables. It is quite easy on Unix/Linux systems but not really sure whether there is an easy way in Windows.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

The issue is with dbsl library for Max DB. Request you to download the latest dbsl sdb library files from the 720 kernel on service marketplace. and extract under the folder F:\usr\sap\SLM\DVEBMGS00\exe\.

As you can see it clearly in the error screen.

LoadLibrary("F:\usr\sap\SLM\DVEBMGS00\exe\dbsdbslib.dll")

Error 126 = "The specified module could not be found."

Let us know if you need further help.

Regards,

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for the reply.

I have already tried that. But my kernel is 721_EXT_REL.

Where do you have the 720 from?

Br

Thomas