Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to find those inspection lot operation that have skips only

rvelmurugan
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear SAP Gurus,

How to find inspection lots operations that have skips (i.e, that is to be skipped) only. Since we want to know whether there exists a quicker method to find out which analysis have to be skipped.

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,

R.Velmurugan.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think what I would look at is to enable an operation level UD.

This could then be set up like a regular automatic UD.

You would set an automatic batch job to run every ten minutes or so and set any operations to "PASS" where all the characteristics are closed and valuated, or where all the characteristics on a particular operation are set to skip.  You might want to have a different UD code for the operations that have all skip characteristics.  Maybe use the actual work SKIP as the UD code. This program would need to be written and set up.

This way, I believe that in QE51n, all the operations where all the characteristics are skipped, would show as with a green check mark indicating processing is complete, (or in this case not required).

Now. I don't have operation level UD's enabled in my system to test this and it's been a few years ago that I played with that functionality.  But I think you'll see the operation valuation in the QE51n screen.  Kind of like the inspection point valuations are shown.  But please test in a sandbox before proposing it to anyone!

Craig

busyaban7
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Velmurugan,

It seems you are using DMR at MIC level, so that inspection lots are not having "SKIP" status at inspection lot header level. I do not think there is any standard transaction which can help you on this request. Or if there is something, then I am not aware of.

But I can suggest you a way to achieve this with some enhancements -

a) Create a custom layout in QA33 to display inspection operations, or create a custom Transaction to display all inspection operations for any inspection lots with MIC system status. Please note that for SKIP MIC's you can't record results hence creating a layout will just help you to display the operations only.

b) For Inspection lots with DMR added at operation level, system status for the lot will contain "QLCH". Filter out such inspection lots only as they are potential lots to have SKIP status for one or more MIC's, linked to the operation.

c) Identify all MIC-managed characteristics for inspection plans/operations. For these operations, check for which operation MIC system status is equal to "4".

NOTE: You can take some clues to develop your logic - http://scn.sap.com/thread/3667568. Using this logic, develop a new logic to identify MIC system status.

Thanks,

Arijit

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There is an option SKIP in change layout of QA33. If the value is X, it indicates that the the lot contains MICs that need not be inspected. This can help user to some extent to get the idea. Also I believe the status of inspection lot contains SKIP status if the DMR is active.

However I am also not sure what exactly user wants here. I understand it in this way,

1. Certain inspection lot contains 3 operations
  2. Only Operation 20 (for example) contains SKIP characteristics
  3. The user wants to know that which operation contains SKIP MICs by just looking at the lot with minimal efforts.

I think for this he/she have to go to each operation after clicking on Results tab in QA32. I am curious to to know your idea that you mentioned in step a)

You mean to add additional field in QA33 layout and that will contain the operation numbers those contain SKIP MICs? What if the lot has more than 3 or 4 operations and each one of them have SKIP MICs?

Anand

busyaban7
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You understood my point correctly Yes, my idea was to have -

EITHER - an enhancement in the screen layout in QA33

OR - make a separate custom transaction itself.

In both cases, we should add inspection operations, MIC position, MIC name, MIC system status in columns. Now, this layout will capture all MIC system status, be it 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, SUB...

Note that for your example with three inspection operations - 0010, 0020, 0030 [Automatically these are MIC managed to be inspection relevant operations], can have only one operation 0020, for which MIC position 0030 [say, there are 4 mic's available like 0010, 0020, 0030 and 0040 linked to operation 0020] is SKIP and rest are not - SKIP. Hence to particularly pick this combination, some custom layout should be required.

If someone is interested only to check only those SKIP MIC's with system status "4" for any operation, for any lot, then another 'filter' can be used manually after the output.

rvelmurugan
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Anand Rao,

Thanks for your response.

I have a transaction QDH1 where I can see the next stage for inspection lot. But here I am not able to get only Skip I/L operation (it shows all next stage).

As you suggested I have checked QA33 and changed layout with skip. However the Inspection lot that is having skip (in QDH1 screen) is not showing X in QA33 (it is blank).

I have attached screen shot of QDH1 and QA33.

Can you please suggest whether I need to do some customization to get the skip indicated as X in QA33.

And since in QDH1, I am getting Skip status for I/L whether it means DMR is active at MIC level or I/L level how I can check that?

Thanks for your support.

Best Regards,

R.Velmurugan.

busyaban7
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Velmurugan,

Adding some further clarifications for your checking -

Q1> I think, this selectable parameter "SKIP" in QA33 layout doesn't works at operation level. Hence I believe particular operation level SKIPS are not captured in QA33.

Q2> Usage of "DMR" has only two possibilities [QDDR-KZDYNAUT] -

a) Either to be created/updated at inspection lot creation = "X"

b) OR, to be created/updated after UD = "BLANK"

NOTE: There is no possibilities to update Quality level after RR, as per normal standard process, but can try manual update or through BAPI.

Application for DMR have 3 possibilities where normally the below two are widely used [PLKO-QDYNHEAD] -

a) If applied at operation level in routing/inspection plan, then = "3".

b) If this value is "1" means, DMR is added at inspection Lot level.

Combination of Usage and Application decides what next stage to be updated, whether it will be updated during Creation of inspection lot or during UD for inspection lot, and based on assignment whether Q-Level is applicable at Insp Lot level or MIC.

The next stage description you have used in QDH1 is picked form QDPS-KURZTEXT. SO whatever you maintain in QDR1 you can see that value there.

Thanks,

Arijit

Message was edited by: Arijit Banerjee