Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BPM Error: Couldn't invoke service reference for Operation mapping

former_member187447
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Folks,

I see this has been an error which has been encountered by quite few folks who are working on BPM in PO.

I have gone through the following SCN links and all my settings are correct as I used composite designer to develop by BPM object. Also another thing to mention is that I have the BPM working in 2 different environments without any issue but I am having issue with the current environment after deploying the code in it using NWDS. The only thing I didn't try is to develop everything from scratch. The reason for not trying it is because like I said it is working without any issue in the other environments. Also in the current environment it works sometimes and fails randomly at the first mapping step in BPM where the OM is imported as WSDL with the following error. Is there any other approach that can be tried other than the mentioned approach in the links which I have already tried

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3662011

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3546885

A technical error occured during invocation of operation 'OM_XXXXXXXX' of interface 'XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXPortType': 'Could not invoke service reference name f5fdd36c-8c01-47a7-b719-5ef53ed40f74, component name XXXX.com~XXXXX~BPMcomponent, application name XXXX.com/XXXXX.'. Further information: root exception Message 'Cannot connect to http://localhost:XXXXX/XXXX_com_XXXXXXXXXXXX_Service/XXXXXXcom_XXXXXXXXXXPortType?wsdl=binding&mode=... Check if the valid port is used or the system is not down. HTTP Message : Unable to connect to localhost:XXXXX - Connection refused'; message ID 'n/a'; log ID 'C000205B102C0571000000020000050A'

Regards

Kalyan.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

Same problem but no cluster servers. Any solution??

Former Member
0 Kudos

The issue has something to do with the network or the configuration of the application servers, especially if the call works sometimes and sometimes not. Do you happen to have multiple application servers in a cluster, perhaps behind a web dispatcher?

I've seen similar behavior when one of the application servers didn't work correctly. Sometimes the web dispatcher did forward the call to the working app server and sometimes it didn't. When the working app server was hit the call was successful, otherwise we got an error.

- Regards,

Frank

former_member187447
Participant
0 Kudos

Frank,

What you are saying makes sense as we also have the appserver in cluster and with a web dispatcher directing the traffic. but I am not seeing any other interfaces failing with mapping issues ofcourse they are not BPMs though. Not sure if it would be different behavior with respect to regular mapping scenarios and BPM mapping scenarios where in the service ref tried to invoke operation mapping through connection to ESR.

Regards

Kalyan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kalyan,

there is nothing wrong with your process. The problem is the servers configuration. The exception gives you a hint:

Check if the valid port is used or the system is not down. HTTP Message : Unable to connect to localhost:XXXXX - Connection refused';

Check if the service reference in the service group is configured correctly. Especially if you are using the right port. The error message mentions that the connection gets refused. This typically means that the port you are trying to connect to is not open.

Confirm with your basis team that the correct port is used.

- Frank

former_member187447
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Frank,

The service reference in the service group is configured correctly as it is working in 2 other environments and also working int the current environment sometimes. But fails randomly or I would say half the time with connection error.

Coming to the connection issue the port that it always fails is the port for one of the app servers and you may be right. But when I try to access the system through that appserver host and port, I am able to access the PI toolds, ESR, ID etc. I even checked to see if all the relevant objects are accessible in this case operation mappings and they all are accessible. Is that not sufficient to make sure the port is good enough. Please let me know if there is something else that we can check to make sure the port is properly accessible.

Regards

Kalyan.