Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parallel Rule based Workflow

former_member193350
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

In parallel workflow scenario, I am having a requirement that when any of the parallel agent group  rejects the request it will immediate send the email notification to the requester without waiting for the action of other agent and once the requester resubmits that, it will only go to only that branch who rejects it not to both of the agents.

I have already implemented the parallel scenario based on the std documents, that we are having a merge badi which is merging the result of both agents and then routing it to next level, and when the requester resubmits it is sending again to both of them.

But, how can we achieve that requirement, any spotlight on that as how can we fetch the previous action of the agents and decide which branch will it go in the resubmit step.

Thanks!

Regards

Prateek

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

henk_verdaasdonk4
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Prateek,

Would you could do is: In the "merge workflow results" store the information of the branches you want to reprocess in the GENERIC CONTEXT. Then use the USMD_SSW_DYNAMIC_AGENT_SELECT to dynamically determine which branches you need based on the stored information.

Cheers,

Henk.     

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't believe there is a standard solution for this. You will need to build your own custom workflow template to meet this requirement.

You can build a "sub-worklfow" that you include in the rule-based workflow configuration, but you will end up with other issues when that workflow template terminates. So, from my experience, I would go the custom workflow route if that is a possibility.

former_member193350
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Abdullah,

I would go the custom workflow route if that is a possibility.:-

Do you mean creating the workflow from scratch or copying the WS60800086 template by this. because we cant go for ABAP workflow we need to use only the rule based workflow

Also, Can't by changing the entries in Single step decision table will accomplish this.

Regards

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

I meant a complete new custom workflow. I would NOT copy the rule-based workflow template unless you are an expert in SAP workflow. Make the workflow template as simple as possible.

former_member193350
Active Participant
0 Kudos

The main issue is arising in the resubmit step of BRF+, is there any way we can fork it here like re in the re-submission so that it will go to that specific branch who rejects it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Again, if I understand your requirement correctly (which is pretty much most people's requirement), the proposed solution in the SCN document does NOT meet that requirement. You can either build a sub-workflow to do that for you and call it from within your rule-based configuration or build a completely custom workflow. A sub-workflow in the rule-based configuration is mainly meant for sending reminders and not for approval. So, if you try to get it to work with approval, then, you will most probably face a lot of issues in communicating back to the original workflow. Building a custom workflow would be a better option. Again, do NOT copy the rule-based workflow unless you are an expert in both BRF+ and SAP workflow.