SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP CAR Landscape

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

Hope this is the correct place to ask.

Trying to understanding the landscape components needed for SAP CAR and need some clarification.

Apart from installing HANA + CAR the installation guide describes the need for Netweaver Application server 7.40 SPS09 ABAP, this part is a bit unclear to me so to my questions.

1. Should a NW 7.40 ABAP system and DB be installed separately ?

2. Or should the HANA system be setup as Multitenant DB ( SPS09 ) with 1 schema for CAR and then install NW App Server using same HANA with it's own ABAP schema ?

Hope someone can clarify this for my as it is not fully clear in the guides.

/John

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Tobias_König
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi John,

without having time to look into the guide.

From my understanding from an application point-of-view, SAP Customer Activity Repository Appl. Bundle is an Add-On which has to be applied on top of at least SAP Netweaver ABAP 7.4.

Regards

Tobias

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Tobias_König
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi John,

without having time to look into the guide.

From my understanding from an application point-of-view, SAP Customer Activity Repository Appl. Bundle is an Add-On which has to be applied on top of at least SAP Netweaver ABAP 7.4.

Regards

Tobias

0 Kudos

Hi Tobias,

More or less my understanding as well but you also install the CAR application on the HANA System as i understand the guide. This means the need of separate NW ABAP 7.4 system with it's own database with the CAR Add-On.

I was a bit unsure if the guides mean the NW ABAP db instance could be installed on the same HANA System as well, this would mean using the HANA as multitenant DB.

Any ideas around that ?

/John

0 Kudos

Hi John,

my understanding:

- Install SAP HANA

- Install SAP HANA AFL on this HANA DB

- Install SAP NW 7.4 on this HANA DB

- Install SAP Customer Activity Repository Add-on on top of this SAP NW 7.4 on HANA

- Depending on your scenario: install SAP LT Replication Server (seperate DB & Application host necessary)

If I remember correctly you also have to deploy some HANA Live content in the HANA DB.

From my perspective, I see no need for a "separate" SAP NW 7.4 and no need for using HANA as multitenant.

Regards
Tobias

0 Kudos

Ok, thanks Tobias, i went thru some documentation once more and i agree.

/John