Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Verify if certification is registered in any consultancy

former_member183473
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

My certification process was one of the most painful you can imagine. A Brazilian consultancy was looking for a BO certified candidate and the position was close to my hometown (my biggest dream is to work close to the family, as you all might know, SAP takes you everywhere and being from a small town I don`t think I`ll ever work close to family again).

So they contacted me, and said that if I got certified the position would be mine, so I did. Spending most of my savings I was able to get certified on the first attempt. And sent them the certification as soon as I got it. That when things started to get interesting, every phone call and email exchanged with them, they would delay my start, and create excuses as per why the project was being delayed. Until the point where they no longer took my calls or replied to emails.

So my question is.

Is there a way to find out if a consultancy has somehow registered me as a employee and is using my certification to benefit from SAP Partnerships?

Any input would be appreciated.

Best

Leandro

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Leandro,

Good to know you.

As soon as you have decided to become a SAP Consultant, you must know that life is always away from home, unless you are working with an end user near your home. Unless you are very fortunate, you would never get a job near your home. You may need to ignore the point of working near your home always as an SAP Consultant.

You have done your job to get it certified, then if they do not select, just ignore. Do not send too many emails / phone calls, your reputation gets severely damaged. SAP world is very small, you have lot of opportunities. If you have confidence on your skills and you believe the world is your home, every opportunity will knock your door.

Please do not worry about S ID known to that Consultancy. They cannot use in anyway. In my opinion, you should now stopping thinking about that Consultancy to save your valuable time. Keep trying somewhere else, I am sure you get a better opportunity on your way.

All the best.

Kind Regards,

Ravi

former_member183473
Participant
0 Kudos

Ravi,

I'm not even a bit mad that I didn't get the position, this was almost a year ago, and it was limited to 4 emails and 3 phone calls, no begging took place. What they did was persuade me into getting the certification to use it afterwards, and as soon as noticed it, I wouldn't wanna work with them anyway, I didn't even confronted them about it, I knew it was a waste of time, so I just sent an email prohibiting them from using my certification for any purpose.

And because of my certification, I'm now a respected Senior consultant in Qatar, so they actually helped me in a certain way.

Working away from home was never a problem, but you can agree that having that option would be great, and you'd go the extra mile for it.

In Brazil we have what we call Licitação (Bidding) for government projects, and in order to apply for those, you must have a certain number of certified consultants working for you.

What brought this to my attention recently, is that a friend is opening a consultancy and told me the need for certain amount of certified professionals to become an SAP partner.

So what I don't want is someone benefiting from my hard work without my knowledge or consent.

Thanks for you input =D

Best

Leandro

former_member182098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Leandro,

In life certain bad things would show us a new direction. You should thank them for persuading to do the Certification, which has indirectly helped you to achieve your dreams.

If they commit to a Client, then it is their responsibility to prove that the Certified candidate is working with them. Now a days Clients are also smart enough to check the credentials of the Implementation Partners.

I do agree that working nearby home would be option that everyone would love to choose, but, unfortunately, 99% of SAP consultants are tend to work away from home.

I do not think they could use your credentials for their purpose.

Thanks for sharing your story with SCN Community and SAP Certification has helped you in your career.

All the best.

Kind Regards,

Ravi

Answers (0)