cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP HR encrypt data?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

We are setting up SAP HR interface between SAP HR and an external system.

We need to encrypt the data in the IDoc. Would it be possible to encrypt the IDoc and still do routing on the the data in SAP PI?

BR

Andreas

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>>>We need to encrypt the data in the IDoc. Would it be possible to encrypt the IDoc and still do routing on the the data in SAP PI?

(If you don't have flexibility to redesign) and if you want to handle the transformation in PI and would like to encrypt the data before sending it to third party, then

-> Define custom(interface specific authorization) role which would restrict the access to view the content of this IDOC using PI monitoring tools.

-> Apply the encryption in the receiver channel using PGP encryption module.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Not an option. All data will be visible for monitoring in SAP HR and SAP PI.

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Andreas,

AFAIK with Raghuraman suggestion you should change the idoc interface for ABAP proxy.

On the worse case you can develop a java program to encrypt on the ECC and to call directly this program to encrypt the message before to send the data to PI.

Regards.

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Inaki,

Instead of Java Mapping,Can we use the below Badi

IDOC_DATA_MAPPER and enhancement spot IDOC_DATA_CRYPT.

I read it somewhere.

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raghuraman,

I was speaking about to put the jar on the ECC directly and to do the command call via sm49 transaction, not to use java mapping because the data will be not encrypted on the outbound interface.

I didn't know the Badi IDOC_DATA_MAPPER, thank you for sharing!. I will check its functionality, it seems interesting

Regards.

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Andreas,

I guess it is possible,

Refer the below link and blog.

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3307239

And for PI version < 7.0 you can't use PGP.