cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drill from BO Financial Consolidation via FIM to ECC using BW as source

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

In order to support customer's requirements we are sourcing data from SAP BW to SAP BO FC via Data Service and FIM. I read a lot of articles stating that if ECC extractors are direct source for BODS/FIM and BO FC, then you can use FIM function of drilling to the source and drilling to the origin - it means ECC transaction. Example - If I'm using 0FI_GL_10 as a source for the extraction of data from ECC directly via BODS and FIM to FC, I can drill from FIM to transaction FS10n to see my accounts and balances.

Do you know if this is possible when using BW as a source of data for FC? I mean - I'm using standard data flow in BW for 0FI_GL_10 and then using OHD on top of InfoCube to extract data via BODS and FIM to FC. Now, Is it possible to drill from FC via FIM to ECC transaction FS10n? If so, can you send the instruction of how to do this?

Thank you in advance,

Kasia

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Kasia,

As Marc stated, you will be able to perform drill to origin when BW is your source of data in FIM.

However, for drilling to source that wont be possible since the feature is only available for FIM jobs whose source datastore is ECC (Financial Information Management with SAP ECC - Enterprise Performance Management - SCN Wiki)

Regards

Mariam

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your answers.

I was hopeing there is a way to drill to ECC even when BW is the source of data but looks like not..

Kind Regards,

Kasia

Marc_Kuipers
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Kasia,

Yes, that is possible. Once the job runs through FIM, the source data that is mapped to FC gets stored in internal FIM tables. The "drill to origin" from FC will simply display records from this table, so regardless what the real source was (ECC, other EPM data, SQL/Oracle DB) this feature is available in FC.

See: Financial Information Management with Financial Consolidation - Enterprise Performance Management - ...

http://help.sap.com/bofinconhttp://help.sap.com/bofim

Thanks

Marc