cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Process Chain e-mail Alert

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

I am trying to set up an alert when the process chain is failed and in some cases I have send a mail at the start of the Chain, Success or Failure and Finish.

I have gone thru lot of threads and I got a bit of understanding however, they all are pointing to setting up a alert message after every process I.e after Info package, DTP, attribute change run etc. This is going to be too much of an effort because the way the process chain have been designed is as follows.

We have implemented LSA with three layes Acquisition, Data Propagation and Reporting Layer.

I will give a simple example of a data flow (its a flat file load).

1) Local Chain to Load to PSA

a) Load Info Package to PSA

b) load DTP to DSO (Write Optimised)

2) Local Chain to load to EDW

a) Load DTP to DSO (Standard DSO)

b) Activated DSO

3) Load to Reporting layer (Cubes)

a) Delete Index

b) Load DTP to Cube

C) Create Index

d) Roll up Aggregates

All most all threads which i have gone thru are pointing towards setting up of alert after every process step in the process chain, this way I will end up creating hundreds of erros messages which i dont want to do. Rather is it possible setup an error message only at the end of the each Local chain? this will reduce having too many mails shooting thru.

Also do we have to create a variant per alert? or can we use just one variant for all failed messages?.

Your help is appreciated.

Regards

BN

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member660786
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am getting extra information in the alert email notification like the job name, variant, date,time etc.. How can i rectify it to receive only the message which i mentioned in documents contents tab.

Thanks in advance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi BN,

we do something similar with process chains where we want to an email sent on error.

To achieve this;

1. we create a meta process chain that calls a local process chain
  2. this local process chain is the PC that has all the various steps of the loading etc
  3. we then add the email step in the meta process chain at the step where it calls the local process chain

This means that is the local process chain goes into error on any step, the local process chain step fails and sends out the email message.

This means you only have to set the email once.

Thanks,

Shane.

bhavinvyas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

No need to add the alert step at every steps. You can have alerts process chain wise as well,

Please follow these steps,

1> Maintain ur email ID in SU01 against your ID.

2> Then go to T-code -  ALRTCATDEF > All Classifications > Process Chains (Double Click on it)              > Error in a Process of Process Chain > Click on "Fix Alert Recipients" Button > Add your SAP             User ID over there > Save

3>  Now go to RSPC and select which ever Process chain you want alerts > double click on Process         chain> Go to "Process Chain"  (From Menu) > "Attributes" > "Alerting" > Tick Mark "Send           Alerts If Error Occurs"

Hope this helps!!!!

Warm Regards,

Bhavin Vyas