SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IS_Retail short text is not replace

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

i am trying to replace short text for IS-Retail according to note-897714  'Activating Retail Short Text Replacement' I have done all the things.

I have imported the required package in SMLT. 

when i run report RSBRAN03 it will executed successfully but when i check job detail it showing ''Number of texts to be swapped 0'. below screenshot from spool.

Please let me know the possible solution.

Regards,

Dipesh Gupta

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Tobias_König
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Dipesh,

the archives that are available on marketplace are release-dependent. Are you sure that you downloaded the correct text files for your release?

[Remark: that you can import them does not mean that you have applied the correct package for your release]

Regards

Tobias

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Tobias_König
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Dipesh,

the archives that are available on marketplace are release-dependent. Are you sure that you downloaded the correct text files for your release?

[Remark: that you can import them does not mean that you have applied the correct package for your release]

Regards

Tobias

0 Kudos

Thanks Tobias,

might be i have identified incorrect version. can you please help me to identify correct version corrosponding to my version ERP 6 - EHP6.0 for ECC.

Regards,

Dipesh G.

0 Kudos

Hi,

Check below link and download right file according to your service pack level

https://websmp105.sap-ag.de/~form/handler?_APP=00200682500000002672&_EVENT=DISPLAY&_SCENARIO=&_HIER_...

Follow the pdf doc to implement short text replacement

https://websmp105.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700007294492001E/ShortTextRepl2014.pdf

Regards,

Mohan

0 Kudos

Hi Mohan

Many thanks for the prompt reply.

i am confused between this three link.

ECC 6.00 Retail Short Texts EN

EhP6 Retail Short Texts Asian

EhP6 Retail Short Texts EN, DE

can you please extend your help and explain me which is suitable corresponding to my version ERP 6 - EHP6.0 for ECC.

Regards,

Dipesh

0 Kudos

Hi Gupta,

As you mentioned your are in ECC-EHP6.0 try implement EhP6 Retail Short Texts EN, DE (or) raise OSS note and get guidance from SAP.

Regards,

Mohan

0 Kudos

Hi Tobias/Mohanavel,

The text which is replace is impacting in all client of system.

In all client report replace the text. do SAP have solution to replace text in only required client.

Regards,

Dipesh G.

0 Kudos

Hi Dipesh,

you can have a look at this document:

https://websmp102.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700007294492001E

There it is stated (Page 8): "With CL_FORCE checked, the replacement is client independent" --> Did you run the report with that flag checked?

You can give it a try, how the behaviour is, if you don't check the flag

Regards

Tobias

0 Kudos

Thanks Tobias,

I run the report with CL_FORCE: unchecked as mention in guide.

still it's replacing text in all client.
do we need to maintain some other setting if you have any guess.

Regards,

Dipesh

0 Kudos

I don't know if it is technically possible to run it client-dependent.

As the activation of IS-R in switch framework is client-independent, I don't see the reason for replacing the texts only in certain clients.

Regards
Tobias