cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One Product two SU label

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

We have one product and has a complex SU requirement.

Case 1 : Simple

Material A will use one SU to store 4000 pcs.

Case 2 : Complex

Small box (Not SU managed) is used to store 300 pcs - Additional Data tab.

Big Box SU managed which will contain 40 box,system will print Bix box SU.

Now the issue is one material has to different SU label .

I know during manual TO creation we can use SU type and can print required SU label.

But we want system to create immediate TO with SU type as per the customer number !

Is this scenario possible to book coorect SU with immediate TO creation ?

Regards,

Om

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

of course is it possible to create and print correct SU labels, contrary, strange ideas require support by own programming, and ideas without fundamental understanding are not supported at all.

Please have a look at the graphic in help.sap.com to understand that one quant cannot be 2 storage units. Warehouse Management at the Storage Unit Level - Warehouse Management Guide - SAP Library

If you have to affix customer labels to the products then this info is usually stored in a text which can be seen in the delivery note. And this action happens in the staging area, which means after you have done the warehouse activity to move the material from its bin to 916.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jurgen,

We want system to print SU during Putaway TO creation.

Regards,

Om

mihailo_sundic
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I ma a bit confused by your terminology, sometimes it looks to me you need different labels only and then it seems you want to influence proess by SUT.
I didn't understand your requirement clearly, could you please try to simplify and use consistent terminology.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Mihailo for your interest.

We supply one material in two different SU to two different customer.

When we receive goods from production we use SU to store and putaway the material in warehouse.

During the immediate TO creation we want system to use the SU as per the customer order.

Please let me know if you haven't understand my requirement.

Regards,

Om

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I guess you are mixing packaging with storage unit. Can you show where in the sales order you can see a SU number?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jurgen,

We are following Make to order cycle.

In production order we use customer code and according to that we make use of SU .

Regards,

Om

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

a storage unit is special for your warehouse and has nothing to do with your customer.

when you move the storage unit from a bin to an interim storage type then the SU number is already destroyed, hence it cannot have any relation to your customer.

Even the MTO vs the make to stock process has only minor differences, e.g. where the value is posted and that you have account assigned movements, but no extraordinary impact on warehouse processes.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jurgen !

Agree that SU is special fro Warehouse.

Hence we want the SU in two different sizes during putaway TO confirmation.

Warehouse personnel will use that label for TO confirmation.

Our requirement is just at TO creation for putaway against production order.

During picking for outbound delivery user will scan SU contents .

Regards,

Om

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think  your entire setup of materials and the processes should be revised, as I cannot imagine how your processes can work from a MM or SD point of view, where the user operates at a different level than SU .

How can you do ATP, how can you know how much quantity of a material you have for a certain package etc etc.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jurgen,

Please suggest what best we can do for this !

Regards,

Om

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

On site meeting to study to the processes