Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Honestly no idea what is wrong with moderated message

former_member191441
Participant
0 Kudos

Moderators.

I logged a question that was rejected. I always follow rules of engagement, but I really really need to understand what specific rule have been broken here as I cannot find anything not according to the rules. I just do not wish to make simmilar mistake in future, because I have been here active on this site 8 years already and never had a message rejected due to "rules of engagement". Please be so kind to enlighten me what caused this message to be rejected.

Your content "Reporting on Category changes" has been rejected by an SCN moderator and is no longer visible in the community. Please see the Rules of Engagement for more information on why content is rejected.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You should @mention the moderator name (in the space) where you have posted this question, so that moderator can give exact reason for rejection.

You can read this blog post to get some assumption yourself

former_member191441
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you kindly, but I do not know who the moderator was that rejected the message.

I have read through the link you posted and I still cannot find anything where any rule has been broken. The link you added, also show that the reason will be shown, but it does not. here is the notification under action as per your link. No reason what so ever and no indication who teh specific moderator was.

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In which forum you have posted your query ? Go to the forum's overview tab, you can see moderator(s) name on the left side.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In the space where you posted, on the left, you can see the related Space Moderators name(s).

G. Lakshmipathi

former_member191441
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you kindly

It was posted in the following space.

SAP CRM: Webclient UI - Framework

I see there are many moderators

Moderators:

Hongyan Shao,                    Leon Limson,                    Hasan Zubairi,                    Harshit Kumar,                    Stephen Johannes,                    Gregor Wolf,                    Andrei Vishnevsky

Should I send a message to all of them.?

JB

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No need to do anything more. You have mentioned all moderators. I know Stephen is an active moderator. May be he can help you to find the reason.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

stephenjohannes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The question/post(not your direct reply) was rejected originally because IMHO I felt the framing of the question was something answered before elsewhere as a repeated question.  The other trigger was that the phrasing of the question saying I need to "write this report", which in many cases leads to code examples.

I did a second review with a full search and I think I was wrong about both of my assumptions.  I will ask a global moderator to make it visible again if possible.  Due to bug in jive I need to reject everything(the post and the replies) in order for it to be fully hidden and prevent future replies.

Sorry for the quick trigger finger on the reject button, and I honestly I think was originally on the fence on this rejecting the discussion referenced and for some reason(maybe lack of coffee) leaned towards the reject button that day.

Thank you,

Stephen

former_member191441
Participant
0 Kudos

No problem Stephan. Fully understand. No need to ressurect the message. Just was very curious why it was rejected. Please accept my appology as there were no intend to get code from anyone else but rather to know how category changes is being handled in SAP.

I have in the mean time resolve the issue at hand with a complete different approach to be able to be able to report on category changes.

Keep well. Have a good day

Johan

stephenjohannes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Johan,

Well I asked for it to be restored, since someone else may find your question/response useful.   You also have no need to apologize, since this really was my mistake and there was nothing wrong with your discussion except my initial judgment on whether it should be allowed .

I am glad you found resolution to your issue however.  I am also glad you asked about why your discussion was rejected, because moderators do make mistakes and it helps the moderators fine-tune our moderation when being too rigid.

Take care,

Stephen