cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Putaway strategy should exculde first 10 bins

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all

I have an requirement that when ever putaway is done system should not put the stock in first 10 bins and it should not consider first 10 bins in storage type x.

But system should stick removal as it is Fifo, system should not get effected during stock removal. Stock will be placed manually in first 10 bins and this should be consider in stock removal but putaway it should not consider first 10 bins.

How to achieve via user exit for putaway for storage type x. Please help me for the solution.

Regards

Sree

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

is this 10 bin is defined in a separate storage type ?

Do you follow stringent FIFO during picking ?

if the storage type is defined as a separate storage type then don't define this in storage type search for operation E

if these 10 bins are part of a storage type where you have more then 10 bins then write your custom code in user exit MWMTO003

Logic should be : for future reusability purpose you can create a custom table with column warehouse number, Movement type, storage type and storage bin, define all those 10 bin in that custom table. During any putaway activity system should fisr check these table if the entries exist then it should ignore the putaway and look for other empty bins

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot manish problem solved

mihailo_sundic
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Agree with Manish, you have to implement a user exit for putaway to make ths work.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks  manish

All the bins are of this storage type only and first 10 bins system should not consider these bins only for putaway and for stock removal if any stock is there then system should take for fifo.

I will try to create a custom code and will I need to activate user exit in my storage type ??

Can you please elaborate the logic if you dnt mind please.

Regards

Sree

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I already shared the logic in my previous post

if these 10 bins are part of a storage type where you have more then 10 bins then write your custom code in user exit MWMTO003 Logic should be : for future reusability purpose you can create a custom table with column warehouse number, Movement type, storage type and storage bin, define all those 10 bin in that custom table. During any putaway activity system should fisr check these table if the entries exist then it should ignore the putaway and look for other empty bins