cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP installation server SAPSETUP90P2SP00P

0 Kudos

according to note 1587566 - SAPSETUP90P2SP00P_<XX>-20008539.EXE (patch for SapSetup, SAP AWUS, SapStart) updates the AWUS;

Is it necessary to run P1 or P3 before running P2.

I Just recently downloaded SAPSETUP90P2SP00P1_66 but it would not install onto the serve, it returned the error: there are no updates contained in this patch. Does SP1 have to be installed before SP2?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

jude_bradley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Larry,

Ticket recieved and sent to 2nd level support.

Thanks for bringing this to our notice.

Regards, Jude

0 Kudos

Matt, First I would like to thank you for your quick responses.

Yes I'm using the NwSapSetupAdmin tool to apply the patch.

You mentioned dropping back to a previous patch, is this feasible or even possible?

FYI, i already have version 65 installed and I have over 400 machines configured to this server and this number is growing.

thanks

larry

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I didn't mean reduce the patch level on your installation, I meant pick up an earlier patch from SMP (still newer than what you currently have) and install that instead. However, I just checked and there is only patch 66 (in the P2) available at this time (often the most current and one prior are available). If you are already on patch 65, then I guess you should stay with that for now, unless you are experiencing a serious problem with it. And, report the problem with patch 66 to SAP so they can replace it with a working one.

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Larry,

No, the P1, P2, and P3 labels do not refer to SP or patch numbers. They refer to different versions of the patch file. As you noted, P1 is the SAPSetup patch only, P2 is the same patch but also patches AWUS, and P3 is the same patch but includes the PDB files for troubleshooting purposes.

You are probably getting this error because this is a patch file only; it doesn't install the Installation Server by itself. You first have to install it from the DVD image that you download from the Installation/Upgrade area.

I have full instructions on how to setup an Installation Server, including which files to download and how to apply patches, in my blog series that begins with . It's for 7.30, but you should be able to adapt it easily to 7.40.

Cheers,

Matt

0 Kudos

My installation server is up and running, has been for years, every now and then i'll download these patches and get this error from one of them.

thanks

larry

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ah. Ok, well, still, you don't need to apply the P1 patch if you are applying the P2 patch -- it's either/or. Do you use the NwSapSetupAdmin tool to apply the patch?

My guess is that it's a bad patch. You might need to drop back to the previous one (I think usually two patch levels are available at a time), or wait for SAP to reissue it or a newer one. It might be worth opening an Incident to bring it to their awareness that the patch is bad.