cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advanced UNX query error: Unable to initialized DSL service Provider

0 Kudos

I get the below error when using 1.28 patch 2.

I would assume it had something to do with the DSL service provider but some universes work and other do not from my client machine.

They all work when I connect from the actual server box.

"error in the query panel; unable to initialize the dsl service provider ....ensure hasn't been removed or sufficient rights exist..."

also, I have admin account.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Donatas
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi, Matt,

Any news regarding this problem?

I have the same issue in my Client's environment where SAP BusinessObjects BI is installed in a single server (SAP Lumira Server for BI Platform is not installed).

Thank you.

Best regards,

Donatas Budrys

harjeetjudge
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Are the connection servers running in their BI environment?  If they are you may want to try restarting them.

0 Kudos

Donatas - I'm guessing Lumira server doesn't need to be installed to access a universe...

can you access through the more basic unx connector?

what's happening with me is really odd - most do not work, some do, but I can't tell the difference.

One that did work (based on BOBJ Audit UNX), I tried to refresh it yesterday and it no longer works.  It's like a moving target.  Our environment is hosted and they are researching, but with no luck as of yet.  I will definitely update this if I make any progress.

Donatas
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi, Matt,

Fortunately I've managed to solve the issue.

We've done 2 things - turned off the BI server firewall and restarted BI SIA. In my opinion due to firewall settings there were problems with connecting SAP Lumira to SAP BI Connection and InputStore services (the same was also applicable to Webi Rich Client which we tried to connect to BI Platform using ZABO (J2EE Portal) connection).

And by the way - yes, SAP LS4BI doesn't need to be installed in order to use SAP Universe Query Panel.

Hopefully you will also solve your issue soon .

Best regards,

Donatas Budrys

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you elaborate the fix?

You have turned off firewall? but that is not recommended in our organization.

What other steps you have taken  to make it work?

Former Member
0 Kudos

BTW, we are having problems when connecting multisource universe only..

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Matt - I learned that the there is an update to 1.28 - 1.28.3 is now available from SMP - could you try the update and see if the error persists?

0 Kudos

thanks for quick response...

I mistyped - I'm actually on 1.28.3 as of today.  I got excited when I thought I had downloaded an older patch...

0 Kudos

Going to try note:

0 Kudos

Trace shows this:

|E| | 8596|  40| |||||||||||||||[com.sap.bi.da.extension.core]java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: com.businessobjects.mds.services.solver.ConnectionSolverException: Unable to retrieve network layer aliases : com.crystaldecisions.sdk.exception.SDKException$OCAFramework: Unable to find servers in CMS 192.168.20.95:6400 and cluster @ebcw09v702.ebc-fit.efc.internal:6400 with kind pjs and service CS_CORBA_NetworkLayer. All such servers could be down or disabled by the administrator. (FWM 01014)

However, it DOES work for another set of Universes and the error does not appear.

harjeetjudge
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

You would normally see this error if the Adaptive Connectivity Service on the APS is not available.  If the service was not running you would see the error message with all universes.  Do you see your APS restarting when you use this particular universe?

0 Kudos

When you say "particular universe" you mean the one that does work?  My APS is split out so I could check the APS_DSL BRIDGE or data fed to see if any of them restart.

I can check - I was thinking maybe it had something to do with multi-source / single-source also but haven't been able to prove that yet.

The one that works is based off of a SQL 2008 server.  There is another one based off another SQL server that errors out.  Also the SAP JCO's do not work.

I wish they all failed - the one that works is throwing me off.  I keep looking in IDT to see if there is anything special about the one that works but nothing is popping out at me.

Thanks for input Harjeet.

harjeetjudge
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

We use the Adaptive Connectivity Service to load the universe in Lumira so that's the one you should check.  The DSL bridge service is not used when you use the unx universe in Lumira.