Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MIRO posting for Asset PO

former_member226244
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have an issue where a user is trying to post an MIRO and getting an error "You Cannot Post Acquisition to Asset XXXX", Now i know this is because of the depreciation key but the issue is there are 2 line items for this asset in PO, the first line item there was a GR done for the price mentioned in the PO and MIRo was done with a reduced price

PO-$100

GR-$100

IR-$80

The difference of $20 was posted to asset with transaction type 160-Credit Memo in following year

But when the user is trying to post the 2nd line item IR the user is getting the above error

PO-$100

GR-$100

IR-$80-Error

Can you please help me understand whats happening here

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi kunal

Can you confirm us why you have posted less 20 dollor

Can you please check the captilization of assets  and use full life of assets

former_member226244
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mukthar,

The GRN and the MIRO are in different year but the same is with the first item in the PO which has posted successfully

GRN is in last year and Miro in this year

Thanks

former_member198650
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kunal,

This is because you have maintained the setting Acq.only allowed in cap.year in the depreciation key of the asset. If you have selected as year, then system wont allow capitalization in the subsequent years. So change the settings in the depreciation key and do MIRO posting.

Regards,

Mukthar

former_member198650
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kunal,

May I know what is the GRN & MIRO posting dates? If it it is same fiscal year, then share screen shot of long text of the error message.

Regards,

Mukthar